MWTS: Ibanez RGT3020 FMDS (Discontinued Neck-Thru Prestige)

senn_liu

Hi guys, I've got an Ibanez RGT3020 for sale.

The specs/stock pics:
http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rgt3020.htm

This guitar has not been in production for years, and I believe Ibanez no longer makes any neck-through Prestige models.
When this guitar model was still being produced, it was the top RG model outside of J-Customs and signature models, and retailed at Swee Lee for around $2800-$3000 if I remember correctly.

Some unique points:
- Has a couple of dings (OK, this is a negative unique point :p)
- The Edge Pro trem
- Tremol-No installed, which means you can switch between floating, dive-only and fixed bridge easily.
- Pickups changed to Bareknuckle Cold Sweat in the neck, and Ceramic Warpig (!!!) in the bridge, both with chrome covers.

The stock pickups were 2 x Dimarzio PAF Pro, which are good for general rock/shred, but I wanted to convert this guitar to a metal beast, hence the (very expensive) pickup change. If you've never tried Bareknuckles, you really need to. They're worth every painful cent.

It comes with an Ibanez Team J-Craft hardshell case.

If you compare this to the Prestige RGs available over the past couple of years. this blows them all away (no offence to owners of those guitars). With the new pickups and Tremol-no, I would say it's even able to match up to J-Customs, minus the fancy inlays.

I'm thinking of letting this one go because:

1) I've been playing it less and less, and playing stupid stuff like "What About" by the Sugarflies on other guitars. Turning into an old man!
2) I'm broke. :(

So now on to business: If you're interested, keep in mind that the total retail value of this guitar is/was >$3000. So with that in mind, SMS your offers to 91263814 Thanks.

Last edited:
Forgot to include one more unique point: The neck profile is an "Ultra", which is slightly beefier than a Wizard II.
Wizard ---> Wizard II ---> Ultra

If you love the Wizard/II profile, this neck might not be 100% as quick, but it's still pretty slim (to me). If you love Ibanez superstrats but not the very skinny necks, this will probably be perfect.

Back