Mr. Noob

mistedsunset

hi guys! my name is max, and i'm a newbie drummer. i'm 16, from ri, and am in the music elective programme.(music rocks!) took up a basic course in school last year, and continuing with it this year. it's nearly over though ):

i use the traditional grip, mainly because i'm from the boy's brigade, and the bb bagpipe band has snare drums, where the traditional grip is used. although i play the bagpipe, my drummer friends have taught me some techniques, and so i've carried over the habit of traditional grip over to drumming.however, i can only do the rather basic stuff, like the 8 beat rock and some basic fill ins and rudiments. i also play the piano.

i love soccer as well! i play as goalkeeper, mostly because i cant dribble well, and don't have the strength to kick, but hey, my shot-stopping isn't that shabby, if i say so myself. soccer has and will always be my pastime, i've got a 6 cm scar on my forehead just for soccer (13 stitches!). Heh, i support juventus and here's to wishing they win the serie a this year!

Last edited:
Woah, how the heck did you get that scar

Edit* Anyway welcome to soft =D

Last edited:
oh, haha, while trying to save a shot my hands wouldn't move fast enough. the ball hit my specs and the freaking thing that makes it stand on the nose scratched me. missed my eye by like 2cm. thank god. now my specs don't have that freaking thing. my parents don't let me switch to contacts ):

anyway you have a speedy reply man! i was editing my post. =x

I learnt from my mistakes last time, used to play a lot of sports, and kept getting hit on the specs. Nowadays I'll either not wear specs or wear those thick framed ones, which have a more rounder plastic nose rest thingy, lol.

hi max, nice to see a fellow Rafflesian on soft. i graduated from RI two years ago, in my final year of RJ now. anyway welcome!

heard of Triad? anyway, you should totally join raffles rock when you get to rj, and ignore those stupid people who tell you raffles rock sucks, they dont know any better

hahaha another great mind here who wears thick plastic frame after breaking his spec THRICE because of soccer. hahaha.

omg, what are the chances to find a fellow juventus fan in soft!! all are so into man U or arsenal(the only club i like in EPL or BPL or whatever). yeah man hope they win serie A. the players who goes off after the relegation certainly did not affect the strength of the team.

oh yeah imma noob too.

woo juve!gotta love del piero.my fav club in serie a.but my bestest team beat juve in the road to the treble in 99 with keane scoring a header at dela alpi in the semi-final.woo best moments.

anyways welcome to soft!i believe juve has what i takes to win the serie a.cheers!

omg i didn't believe i'd find juve fans here too! actually the players affected the defence, because the main people who left were the backbone of the defence: cannavaro, zambrotta, thuram, vieira and emerson. only zebina was left, and he's not that good. now they've boumsong (who sucks) chiellini (not bad), grygera (about same as zebina) and some new guys. the attack is ageing however, camoranesi, nedved, del piero, trezeguet are good, but not quick. everytime i play winning 11 i can't use juve, they're far too slow ><

anyway i really want to pursue my interest in drums, it's really cool! i donno where to start though.):

hey there, vicki here (my school's really near yours too!)
imma guitarist and i used to play soccer as goalie too (cos i cant dribble for nuts), anyway, welcome to soft, and enjoy your stay here!

okok i know nuts about the players now, coz i dont have cable tv to watch but i was a die hard fan of them the time edgar davids zidane all that. but from what i remember, the attackers are getting old. but the rising of some young defenders can make up for what has gone.

Back