MESA BOOGIE

Lyn

Hey, I'm just wondering. Does anyone here use any mesa boogie amps? If so, pls share!

Cheers!

never tried it myself, but i rarely read bad reviews of Mesas

not many ppl here own Mesas, try Harmony Central reviews

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Mesa_Boogie/

if you're really keen on it, i guess you could ask this dude who's selling his Mark 3 Combo on Luther's classads to let you give it an audition

Date posted : 31 January 2006
Selling Mesa Boogie Mark 3 Combo, Simulclass with graphic equaliser, switchable between 15 and 75 watts of pure tube tone. Please email offers, serious buyers only thanks.
Email:luthertrader@mac.com[/url]

there r afew jamming studios that have mesa/boogie amps in their studio...go and have a try man...

ItAcHi said:
there r afew jamming studios that have mesa/boogie amps in their studio...go and have a try man...

really? which ones? i usually stick to just a couple of places in the town area where it's convenient for everyone

Four Tones Music Rehearsal Studio (town - Boat Quay) has a Mesa Boogie Rectifier + 4x12 Mesa Cabs.

Velvet Studio at Tekka has one mesa too.I shld come down to 4tones these few days.Sound interesting. :lol:

Lyn said:
Hey, I'm just wondering. Does anyone here use any mesa boogie amps? If so, pls share!

Cheers!

Wat kind of tone u looking for?The recto amps seems quite popular...But mesa offers huge range of models.

M said:
Four Tones Music Rehearsal Studio (town - Boat Quay) has a Mesa Boogie Rectifier + 4x12 Mesa Cabs.

do you happen to know what the rates are like? and it's in Boat Quay as in the street behind the pubs? if u have an address or something that would be great

MrE said:
M said:

do you happen to know what the rates are like? and it's in Boat Quay as in the street behind the pubs? if u have an address or something that would be great

Its in Boat Quay along South Bridge Road (main road). You can find the rates, location, contact etc etc at the website >>> www.fourtonesmusic.com

After much looking through and listening, i find my likings more to the Mark Series. Much more versatile in comparison to the Recto. I'm really into the DT tone. LTE days as well. Lamb Of God's tone, which surprisingly comprises of Mark IVs. Chevelle has some heavy Mark IV stuff too. Yeah, if any of you guys are interested, www.petrucciforum.com has alot of this stuff. It helped alot.

Cheers!

I tried out a F-30 and Mark III.

I like the clean of the F-30 and the OD of the Mark III
No amps would sound the same each other

They're loud in fact, not suitable for bedroom usage if I were to get one. So I didn't =)

Back