Maurice

Snikeron

'llo!

I just got back from a land down under (australia) after 4 years of high school and am awaiting enlistment into NS. In the midst of catching up with friends I've also gotten a bit more involved with picking up on singing and playing the guitar.
Instruments I can actually play at the moment are the guitar, bass and drums while instruments that I know how to play but have little experience with playing often are the piano and harmonica.

I have no particular style of music though I'm not a fan of death metal (No, nirvana does not count as death metal. But say, Cradle of Filth)
I DO like one song from the death metal genre and that's the song Nymphetamine from the above mentioned band. Even then, the whole screaming likeyoujustsmokedfivemillioncigarettesandareonthevergeofdying kind of vocals put me off.

Let's just say I love looking around and finding music, very often bands that have no mention (US or Australia I mean, don't really know much about Singaporean bands' original compositions)
I'll draw up a rough list looking down my foobar playlist and pick the more influential bands:
3 Doors Down, Beatles, Ben Folds Five, Blink 182, Busted, Casting Crowns, Coldplay, Colin Hay, Creed, Damien Rice, Dragonforce, Dream Theater, The Eagles, Eric Clapton, Evermore, Five for Fighting, Foo Fighters, God;), Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day (I actually started along the singing path with a song from them), Hillsong, Incubus, Jack Johnson, Jamiroquai, Jimmy Eat World, John Butler Trio, John Lennon, Joshua Radin, Journey, Keane, Kutless, Led Zeppelin, Lifehouse, Lighthouse Family, Linkin Park, Liquid Tension Experiment (Okay, same as DT, different bassist!!), Michael Learns to Rock, Michael Nyman, Michael W Smith, Muse, Nickelback, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Oasis, Pete Murray, Phil Collins, Plain White T's, Planet Shakers, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Resident Evil: Apocalypse soundtrack (some songs were quite good), Richard Marx, Rick Price, Savage Garden, Shannon Noll, Simon&Garfunkel, Switchfoot, Take That, Tenacious D, The Beach Boys, The Carpenters, The Darkness, The Fray, The Who, Thirsty Merc, Toto, Travis, U2, Westlife, X-Japan, Yellowcard

Quite comprehensive huh, I'll work on a couple of covers now and put them up somewhere.

[EDIT] Covers in: http://soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php?p=542343

Anyway, thanks for this awesome site and hope to maybe see or even play with a couple of other musos from around here!

Cheers.

Last edited:
geee! on a side note i really don't know mr T's height.. gotta go check it out? haha is it being asked for the freebie question?

Back