Maestro: ED-2

kurisuaki

Playability/Tone:
the guitar covers a wide-range of tones, suitable for both live acoustic performances and church .
A couple of the things that i like about the guitar is the voicing of low hums and high mids that it produces
and the high sensitivity to pick attack.
i was pretty amazed at the resonance and sustain that i could get from the guitar.
The b band installed does an excellent job of amplifying the tone. The action is very low and playable without any fret buzz. The well shaped neck makes it easier to move around quickly too.

Construction/Fit/Finish:

Mine has a solid spruce top and ovankol back and sides in matt finish.
This guitar is built very well. I have bumped it against a few pieces of furniture and have not put a ding in it yet.
The gotoh tuners are very reliable and i have no problems with tuning. However my fretboard had some rough edges which could be improved on and my battery canister dropped out.

Customer service:
Maestro helped me fix the battery canister and even helped me to install their new toneplate for my guitar
10/10 for their service

Conclusion:
I believe this guitar would be a good choice of you want to invest in a intermediate guitar.
At 549 dollars; i would say its definately very reasonably priced

nice review..

going to get my hands on this.. 2nd hand one.. tight budget :O although its already very reasonably priced..

Maestro ED-2 is good!

I bought it not too long ago, and am very happy with it. Check out my InRepair and WhyGeorgia to hear how it sounds :)

I have no knowledge on other brands of acoustic guitars but damn it is very nice-sounding.

sorry for bumping. but does the 549bucks one includes the built in preamps? cause as far as i remember, they said 549 is w/o the preamps. if u wanna install preamps, add 200.

Back