Looking for bassist for post/progressive rock music

the_towheads

Hello!

My friends and I are looking for a bassist to do some post rock/progressive rock music with us (think the Jap band toe). If you want to sum up the kind of music we want to do, think of the Japanese band toe. Most importantly though, we are looking for someone who is willing to "grow" with us as a band (and as friends, as cheesy as it sounds).

Here's the thing: we aren't technically proficient (even though we know playing songs of this genre require a great amount of skill), so if you don't mind jamming with a bunch of noobcakes, please join us and show us what you know. Basically, we are looking to jam, learn and create originals together.

Here's a little background on us:

1) We are crazy over post-rock (Caspian, God is an Astronaut, etc), and collectively, our main influence would be toe. But we also like "djent" bands like TesseracT and "math-rocky" stuff like Tricot as well.
2) So far it's just me (the drummer) and two guitarists. We have been jamming for some time together, but we are sorely lacking of a bassist. Also we have no vocalist, but for now we would rather have a bassist. Please.
3) We are between the age of 24 to 26.
4) We are also females, so if a female bassist would be interested to join us, that would be best! However, if you're a dude and don't mind jamming with us, that's great too. Super great.
5) If you somehow know a vocalist who can sing like Ashe o'hara from TesseracT, please let us know so we can pester him/her.
6) If you aren't a bassist but want to hang out with us anyway (because similar interest or what), feel free to contact me as well! Trust me, we will be very, very flattered.

Do reach me at 98twothree45zerozero! Look forward to hearing from you.

Back