Jam Mates/Band Mates for Indie/Post rock/Experimental etc

Stan Poh

Hi people.
I'm Stan and I'm looking for anyone with similar music tastes to jam regularly with. I play both drums and guitar. Never had lessons, I just self-taught & played leisurely but pretty basic for drums. I don't know many musicians to practice with, moreover, very little people share the same musical influence. So i would like to meet people who share similar music taste and jam often with.

I'm greatly greatly influenced by Post Rock legends like Sigur Ros, GYBE, Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky. I also love stuff like The Album Leaf, Toe, M83, Mono, This Will Destroy You, Slowdive, Whirr, Jezabels, The Raveonettes, Neon Indian, Yuck, Smallpools, Phoenix, Foals, Crocodiles, The Drums, Hammock, Washed Out, Memoryhouse and the only post-metal i listened to - Deafheaven, fucking amazing. Theres a lot more but can't remember.
The closest to mainstream i ever got to was stuff like Radiohead, Nirvana, X Japan, The Cure, Smashing pumpkins etc.

I don't know much about the local scene, been to some gigs, but i really wanna play more, hopefully form a band, develop our own style and get involved.

PM me if anyone would like to meet up!

Back