Intro: zippetyzyp (interested in jazz)

zippetyzyp

i'm posting in the hope of meeting people with similar interests in music.. maybe people to jam with too.

i really really love jazz. i guess i'm still a beginner and i can't really list any favourites or influences, but right now some of the musicians i'm listening to on my itunes include: charlie parker, scofield (i just saw sco + mmw live last sunday. AMAZING) and mmw, jim hall, pat martino, joe pass, diana krall, ella fitzgerald, soulive, ron affif, joe lovano, lots of miles, coltrane, etc. also, scott henderson, incubus, john mayer. not so much classical, hoping to get into that.

i've had significant experience playing in various combos/bands for the last 1yr3mths and it's been a short time, but i've tried to put in as much as i can while balancing my other commitments.

yeah, so send me a private message if you wanna talk about msn and i'd be excited to talk to ppl who share the same passion for it. i also really want to improve so i'm looking for ppl who might be able to give me advice.. not lessons per se but advice about the music scene in singapore. i only know of jam sessions at a couple of places every sunday and i've always been trying to find something outside those sundays but to no avail so far. i think playing is the best way to improve so i'm pretty interested in finding out about the kind of opportunties that exist out there..

doubt she'd ever perform live for public in singapore. last time she did, even as a private function, ppl's handphones were going off throughout the gig and ppl were leaving to rush to their cars even before the last song could end.

Back