Intro: swatteam2k

swatteam2k

Hey. I am moving to sg from dubai. My name is Anup, 16 years old and an sg national.
Played in a thrash metal and a melodic metal band over here. I have experience playing live, recording with my bands and recording other bands. Concerts ive played here range from 300-900 ppl turnouts.
I move to sg at the end of june and ill be studyin in SAS and living in orchard road.
I have posted an ad in the musicians available forum so check that out if you are looking for a lead guitarist.

Peace

Welcome (back?) to Sg.

What's the music scene like in Dubai?

Are there places to play? What sort of genres are people playing? Covers? Where do the bands come from?

Philipinos, Indians and Pakistanis make up a large part of the population here..this country has only around 20% local population and most of the locals live outside dubai..some really good philipino bands btw..Dubai scene is pretty close knit..every1 knows each other in the underground scene and the scene mostly comprises of school kids. Some bands really make it out there..especially the ones that take advantage of the chance of opening for the international acts that come to dubai every year for a festival. We were somewhat the favourites to open next year..but this year..a local band opened for megadeth and testament!!

Genres: weve got an excess of metal..like every other scene ive heard of..but also a lot of ska/punk/grunge/alternative/indie etc

Welcome - back - to Singapore ... *i think*

I live on orchard road as well ...

Quite fond of pakistani bands ...

Electronica ... and yeah ... that's about it ...

arghh. u shoulda told me this last yr. went to dubai & some of UAE in dec and couldnt find no metalheads on the streets :lol:

Back