Intro: SicBarney

SicBarney

Hey guys. SicBarney here from False Pause.

I'm currently 21 this year, serving NS in SCDF and the drummer for False Pause. I reside in the west, and I skate =D. Anyway, my real name's Firdaus, but you guys can call me Barney.

Yes, I know. Firdaus/Barney. WTF'S THE CONNECTION? Well, apparently, my band members gave me that name, just because I happened to be smiling at some baby during an after-jamming dinner, and they thought, why not (I am NOT a paedophile, mind you. I just love babies and kids)? Barney the dinosaur loves kids, and he's sick for being with kids (I agree). But the 'sick' was spelt 'sic' because I'm a huge fan of Slipknot. So there it is, SicBarney.

Brief history: I started out on drums, then thought that drums were to hard, so I picked up guitar instead. Had my first electric when I was 15, and have been using the same guitar ever since (I'm broke). Formed a 3-piece street punk band called The Fallen Rejeks, with me as guitarist/vox. Had our first and last gig over at IJ Studios, March 2005. Right after the gig, the band split up. Left the punk scene, started a new life. After that, I started back on drums, got the hang of it, now I'm drumming for my current band False Pause. (On a lighter note, I'm currently covering my bassist because he broke his arm, the drummer role is filled in by the vocalist's cousin.)

False Pause is currently very active (we have a gig on 17th Jan over at Music Garage!), but I plan to start my own nu-metal side project as guitarist. I miss performing with a guitar, headbanging and screaming (I even kicked some kids who were moshing too near our set in the IJ Studio gig :twisted:).

Brief Summary:
Name: Firdaus a.k.a. SicBarney
Band: False Pause
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums
Preferred drum set:
  • Peavey Radial Pro 501
  • Paiste Black Alpha Cymbals
  • Tama Iron Cobra Double Pedals
  • Ahead Joey Jordison drumsticks
Preferred guitar gear:
  • ESP LTD Alexi Laiho-600SE
  • Morley Classic Wah
  • ToneCore Uber Metal
  • Danelectro CoolCat Overdrive
  • MXR EVH-117 Flanger
  • Artec SE-ADL Analog Delay

For my current guitar gear: look at my signature below

I'm sorry if my intro is kinda long, LOL. Hope to see you guys somewhere, maybe even at a SOFT gathering.

Last edited:
welcome to soft! (sic)..
barney is a dinosaur in our imagination.
nah nah nah nana nana sensation.
barney can be your friend too..
if you make believe it..

i have one of your band members on my msn haha!

yah, me too.. i wonder if its the same person.. :rolleyes:

Back