Intro: Saito (Mark) of Divine9 from Perth, Western Australia

saito

Um this is pretty much my virgin post to the forum. Was using the broadcast message function to say 'hi' but realised that a discussion board actually existed :p (My bad)

Hi everyone! I'm a singaporean who has spent the last 4 years studying and working abroad and have returned to Singapore to serve out the remaining portion of my NSF (I have already done 2 years and 2 months, thus 57 working days and counting). Could moan about my predicament, but that is not very seemly in this introductory post :)

I am part of Divine 9, a 5 piece that is a crossover dnb/industrial/trance/rock outfit. I do most of the writing and ALL the programming/sequencing in the band and also function as the band's dancer on stage. We have extensive gigging experience (The other 4 guys in the band are actually a cover band "Airbag" that do 4 gigs a week at Ruby Room / Hip E Club / Black Bettys and 3 Monkeys Bar (Bunbury) in W.A). We have had airplay too as Divine 9 on RTRfm and Basefm in Perth, and I'm looking to promote the band here. Thus becoming a SOFTie :)

D9NBTwebposter.jpg

I'm the guy in the gimp outfit. (no I'm not kidding)

More pictures of the band
http://www.outbreed.org/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=37

The band website
http://www.divine9.net

My rave/club event production company
http://www.outbreed.org

The rest of the guys in Divine9 are not too comfortable about me putting our tracks online because we have been burnt before, but if you are interested, I can meet up and give you a physical demo. I'll try to talk them over.

I'm very interested if someone is recruiting for any crossover/dance projects that might need a programmer who can do big room Trance / Industrial. I normally use FL (yes, because Steinberg and Protools give me too much headache when you use alot of soft synths), CoolPro 2.0 together with a Layla, Yamaha UW500 and Pioneer EFX 500. Bad news is that, again, my gear is in Perth, but I have the software here- so its only a latency problem. Only really need to worry about it when doing mastering

Very much like to Sing / wear crazy things / do promotions for a band. Was almost intending to set up a Eurobeat/Japanese-techno-rock side project, but discovered that not knowing japanese is a giant bitch. lol

wow that was a mouthful. Do reply! I'm online daily because camp has given me the priviledge of staying out. I'll be here for 3 months at least and have not made any decisions on what to do next.

I left this till last so that those people with short attention spans would burn out first :p

Here's what I look like without the outfit:
DSC00158.JPG

DSC00159.JPG

Silver mane phase

markzebrainterviewweb.jpg

Picture used in Interview in Zebrahype

PIC000065.jpg

Car Crash

seriously, anyone doing anything fun do buzz! 3 months with no music is hell! :)

Love and Peace!
Saito Nagasaki

hey serial ninja-

just had a listen to your band's tracks

I liked flights of fancy most of all. The verses have a nice soft rock feel to it - chorus really picks up in dynamism: only criticism is that there might be too much crash in it. Romantic soundscape :)

Saito

addendum: Chorusing effect "and I... missed you the most" really does hit the spot. The backup singer is doing a great job!

Sydney must certainly be more happening than Perth! Perth has a low population density, but subcultural fashion and music has thrived because of its relative isolation. we're talking goth, dnb, underground hip hop, hardcore raves and the vigliante events that involve smashing windows and "just doing it". It has the highest concentration of Junglists for one - being the Drum and Bass capital of the world :) But most of the action is concentrated in the Northbridge nightlife district and I had the priviledge of running a club (Nu Vibe) there as well as one in East Perth (Big Apple). How were you over there?

hahah We'll im only 16 so I wasnt into the club scene, or music scene really. It was when I came here and checked out soft, i started checking out local gigs and that.

btw, I was born there, i'm of Australian Decent and moved here in January. currently doing year 11 at Australian international school

hi saito, if you dun mind meeting me at the Esplanade over the weekend, I'll like to check out your band's demo. Let me know. Thanks! :D

nitrovo said:
hahah We'll im only 16 so I wasnt into the club scene, or music scene really. It was when I came here and checked out soft, i started checking out local gigs and that.

btw, I was born there, i'm of Australian Decent and moved here in January. currently doing year 11 at Australian international school

I see! But start early! Trust me its worth it because I'm only starting to discover myself after trying to rationalise the facist academic regime my flyer parents imposed on me. Took me a while to break free, but that is if you are fanatically devoted to chasing clouds like me

AgingYouth said:
hi saito, if you dun mind meeting me at the Esplanade over the weekend, I'll like to check out your band's demo. Let me know. Thanks! :D

sure thing!

requiem = Jpopmadness's band are meeting me at Clarke Quay on Sunday morning for a tryout. I'll bring the demo with me. I'll PM you my number :) don't be afraid to call! I'm verrrrrrrrrrry friendly :)

Incidentally, I've been invited to attend Juice DJ quest this friday too at Zouk, so if you are going to be in or around the area, do buzz as well

crucifymylove said:
hey saito... did u juz join a jrock band ? u 24 this yr right ... ?

Hi there! Named after an x-japan song, how cool :p

Yes, I am indeed 24

Jpopmadness are trying me out this sunday, but I haven't indicated whether I'd be committed. I'm also intending to take a look at Jironium's band as we have spoken. several other bands have also approached me, so I'll explore my options :)

What's on your mind?

haha... ic ! i noe nika from jpopmadness ... suppose to join her band as a drummer but they found a drummer ... =X..

crucify my love is my fav X-japan song !.. but i'm more into dir en grey..

with your looks and if you can really sing, you can take your jrock side project to a greater height. i always believe that the front man must look good.. and u really look good ! be commited to a band fast k.. can't wait to see your j band play live !

for me, i'm still a lost soul searching for a band.. haha... joining a jrock xjapan cover band but still dunno weather things would work out smoothly..

*i need big help for double peds*
anyone giving free lesson i wud really appreciate it ! haha!

Re: .

That is so flattering! Thank you so much :)
I am looking rather committed-esque with Jpopmadness and her bunch, but I still have 8 band offers to swim through. Surprisingly no one wants me as their programmer. Everyone wants me for my vox/face grrrr.

you are really cool !

Back