Intro - Rustee fellow drummer!

Rustee

Hi there people!

Jason here, for people that may confuse me with many other Drummer Jason's I'm the one with long hair. :oops: Or maybe there is many with that too... nevermind. :lol:

I played drums for quite a while but only got serious for about 5 to 6 years now. I'm playing in different bands doing mainly projects or covers for gigs and shows. Real aim is to play with different wonderful musicians and learn from them, influence myself with different genres and infuse them in my playing.

So far I am covering Chinese Pop most (part time work) :oops: but I am also into other styles like Funk, New Orleans, Rock, Metal, R&B, Hip Hop, Afro Cuban, Latin and Jazz. I do not really play authentic but trying to learn as much as possible even if limiting myself to just a few grooves in each genre but after learning them it opens up my ear and play style. :)

My influences are (Mainly listen to drummers) Dave Weckl, Greg Bissonette, Tommy Igoe, Simon Philips, Thomas Lang, Steve Smith, Dennis Chambers, Stanton Moore, Vinnie Colaiuta, Marcus Baylor, Steve Gadd, Akira Jimbo, Billy Cobham, Benny Greb, Carter Beauford, Jojo Mayer, Jeff Pocaro, John Blackwell and more...! :oops: (I do not really listen to Chinese pop but I play them, read lo.)

I hope to learn more from you guys and I will try to share as much as I can. Catch you guys around!

Back