intro: rockpiano

RockPiano

Hey there ppl,
well kinda just joined and stuff, was really impressed by how things are done around here so yeah KEEP IT UP!!!:) hehe
AS for myself, i'm really into progressive rock material such as Liquid Tension Experiment, Dream Theater, Stuff done by Joe Satriani, John Petrucci and Steve Vai. I love their improvisation and their progressions. I must say that they are really unique in their styles, they are not mainstream players which highlights them more than ever.

Apart from that, i'm into stuff done by Paul Gilbert(racer X), Michael Angelo, Jason Becker and Marty Friedman. I have been really inspired by such artistes and have kinda made it a point to fuse techniques i could acquire from their progressions into the music that i write(or try to write that is) haha.

I love basically, classical music which was my fundamental basis for piano playing. It was when i was alittle older that i broke away from classical to progressive rock material. I must say that classic rock is something i also do enjoy listening too. Jazz, Blues and even Soul , really love them as music i relax to, but not the stuff i would actually push myself to play.:)

MY primary instrument is the piano, well secondary is the guitar, hope to pick up the bass soon!! yeap...i get my piano influence from LTE, they play really awesome progressions, apparently i haven't managed to smoothen these out yet, mind-boggling but yeap hope that one day things will fall into place.I Write my own progressions and stuff, recently recorded a little , experimenting alittle, here and there...so there:)

As a piano player, i dislike looking at Scores, i believe in the art of free expression, just playing how you like. Then again, there are rules to every game, so it's how you bend these rules to your liking:)
Currently on the look out for potential band mates so yeap keep rockin!!!~

Back