Intro - pooo

pooo

Its 3 plus in the morning and I’m bored. Since I haven’t properly intro-ed myself here I figured I might as well do it =)

For starters, my name’s Emmanuel, 19 and going on. Currently studying in a polytechnic.
First exposure to music was learning to play the piano. Quit at grade 5. Now regretting...
I started playing guitar at about 15. It all happened at a friend’s place when he started playing the intro to Sweet Child O’ Mine to the mp3 on an acoustic. Sounded real cool I decided to give the guitar a shot.
First picking song I attempted would be Knockin on Heaven’s Door, a failed attempt considering my inexperience. Went on to spend 2 weeks figuring out how to strum a simple church song.

At 16, I was introduced to the jamming world. Jammed to punk, pop rock stuff because it was so much easier than picking. Slowly got better, and the guitar heroes just kept coming, Slash, Paul Gilbert, Satriani, Vai, Johnson, Malmsteen etc. Focused on learning to shred from then onwards.

17, played in the first large scale gig in school history. Pretty cool stuff.

18 – 19, I was the regular bedroom jammer. Practicing and practicing, making music and guitar an escape from reality, stress and pressure of school work and life itself. The result of me underperforming in academics due to the obcession with music. Picked up drums, took a while to get the coordination right. For about slightly under a year, was under the guidance of a classical guitar teacher learning the instrument. Played classical songs such as “Marriage De Amour” and the like. Not easy. Stopped that due to de-proving academics in poly. In the process of making the switch to become a full time 7 string player. Lack of torch bearers for 7 stringers, I thought I’d volunteer =D

Influences changed, and I’m now into
Neo Classical – Malmsteen, Impelliteri, George Bellas etc
Progressive/fusion/metal – Symphony X, Adagio, Sonata Artica, Stratovarius, Rhapsody, Dream Theater, and occasionally real heavy like Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth etc.
Others – Neil Zaza, Paul Gilbert, Gary Hoey, Andy Timmons, Francesco Fareri, Rusty Cooley etc

Loves: Modifying guitars, experimenting with pickups if given the chance, making new musician friends, talking about gear, learning from anybody who has knows something I don’t hehe.

Not the best of guitarists definitely but improving ever so slowly. Hope to make my mark in the industry someday if possible. I must say I’m really glad to be part of S.O.F.T., talking about music and stuff with fellow musicians. Really cool stuff. With that I end this boring and lengthy “biography” like introduction.

ROCK ON GUYS~!

Cool Poo!...Hey, did i realize that it actually rhymes!? :mrgreen:

Rock on buddy, someday you'll make your mark in the industry I'm sure. :smt023

Haha thanks guys, appreciate it!

Satch: It was 3 plus when i wrote this haha. Couldn't remember to throw in Dragonforce.

haha i can't remember what i helped you with, but i'm sure glad you benefitted from it!

hey pooo! great guy. haha. yep, you were the first to help me on this forum... yeah, thx alot :)

and uh... welcome! :roll:

Do your friends greet you as "Mister Pooo" or just "Pooo"?

Dude - that still makes me laugh every time. ;)

Back