intro: pikachu86

pikachu86

Hi all
i came across this forum while searching (or researching) about pitch perception on the web, and decided to post about my experiences with "the" pitch.

About my music background: i'm 22 this year and am currently striving to get my L(Mus)TCL cert. And then i will take a step backwards and achieve my grade 8 practical (piano) before i proceed further in music education.

About my music taste: i listen to anything from classical to mandopop, but i draw the line at heavy metal. slow rock/rock music is still acceptable. And i have the habit of listening to the melody rather than lyrics. *hint hint*

i was trained on the piano (as stated above), and am able to play the recorder(primary school taught), harmonica(self-taught). violin(little bit) and some drums (erm as metronome =X).

it's getting lenghty, i shall end here. feel free to post any queries and i'll be happy to answer if i can.

Welcome To The Jungle,
Pi-ka-chu-eighty -six,
We Have Copy Cats In Here
And Epileptic Pigs ...

muahahhahahahaaaa Vicko ... the "welcome police" Aki will never let U get away with copying my welcome, ever ... muahahahahahahahhaaaaa ....

Last edited:
Ehlo pika! Is it alright if I called you pika?

Good luck with hunting that grade 8 in piano :) What cert is this L(Mus)TCL about btw?

Welcome to the forum and happy posty.

thanks all for the warm welcome =)

Good luck with hunting that grade 8 in piano :) What cert is this L(Mus)TCL about btw?

L(Mus)TCL is a level 5 certificate from Trinity Guildhall. After my grade 8 theory i have to clear A(Mus)TCL "Associate level, so-called first year undergraduate level" before doing L(Mus)TCL "Licentiate, the so-called final year undergraduate level". And after this (if i pass the exam and have the time) i can proceed to F(Mus)TCL "Fellowship level". Which is so-called the postgraduate level.
Trinity College London | Music Diplomas

i stopped practical almost 3 years ago to focus on theory so it might take some time before i can get to grade 8 level (i'll try to skip levels if my teacher permits).

Back