Intro: Marshall

abigblackman

Hey,

I'm Marshall and I try to play a little guitar in my spare time. During the day I build a buying and selling website called Cannla

Since I moved to Singapore I brought a Singapore made acoustic which is pretty sweet. I've also got a Fender strat and I'm looking to buy a amp to go with it.

I've been looking at a Fender Blues Jr which sounds amazing and I've seen on sale for S$700. I used to have a Marshall Bluesbreaker which was awesome but way to big and loud for playing in my room. The Fender comes with a master volume control that lets you get some overdrive without cranking up the loudness too much. Do you think I could get away with it in my HDB flat?

Last edited:
hi Marshall

welcome abroad, well probably u can get a small watt like 30 or 40w's , it just nice for home practice, gd luck n hope that you get a suitable amp.

Cheeersssss

welcome to singapore and soft! we are from the same neighbourhood! haha.

u bought a singapore-made acoustic? lemme guess. Maestro? haha

welcome abroad, well probably u can get a small watt like 30 or 40w's , it just nice for home practice, gd luck n hope that you get a suitable amp.

Cheeersssss

30 or 40w (tube) is gonna be waaaaay too loud. I'm a tube snob, cannot settle for solid state. I have to sit there and let it warm up, watch the tubes start to glow etc.

Yeah it's a maestro. Not too bad, feels really nice to hold. Doesn't play as well as my acoustic back in NZ but since it's solid wood I need to give it a while to dry out more and hopefully it will start to sing.

hi! welcome to SOFT

try an Orange Tiny Terror... might be what you are looking for... its available at Yamaha

Back