Intro: jumbofret

jumbofret

Hello, boys and girls. You might find me at Bumblefoot's forum as well as on the guitars4christ forum, but there is a variation in spelling, and I am inactive there.

I am more of an electric guitar industry/market researcher, but I do know a little about basses. However I am not the Pope of guitars, never claim to be one. :lol:
Most SOFTies know how I feel towards brandname guitars and how politically-incorrect I am... *chuckles* (Pls note that Ibanez is not branded stuff like the 3 others...) 8)

Hmm... I don't know why I chose the name Jumbofret...
But there is a story behind it. And I thought of it after picking the name. Real dumb, eh?

I would always worry about stuff that doesn't bother me, and recently, it's been the guitar/bass industry. The state of it, how to improve it etc. I will always remember the time I was intrigued by the Samick Greg Bennett series and Greg Bennett's ingenuity. :)
As time went by, it became a quest for value-for-money guitars & industry awareness and it's endless! So, essentially, fretting over guitars big time fits the username nicely, eh? :wink:

Oh yes, lastly, I am 1/2 Jap & 1/2 Chinese (I don't hate China or its people, please... I only disagree with their socio-politics and their behaviour haha). I study Logistics and Operations Mgmt at TP and I learn a lot about various manufacturing and industrial practices...
I am in the middle of my internship, and I certainly hope to see you guys at the next SOFT meeting when I return from China! :D

Greetings Jumbo!
Feel like I've known you for ages. Warm welcome to SOFT! :D Hope to hear more about your views and opinions regarding the guitar market and such!

None... But J-rock/metal is quite gd, it's just that I don't search for the stuff to listen as much as the others...

Back