intro: freakyfir

freakyfir

hello there!

i've never ever participated in the activities of any forum apart from reading all the quirky, nifty topics posted. very useful articles, in fact. but i guess this is the time to come out of the closet and stop my lurking days.

i play the guitar and sing (if you can call it singing..) for a three-piece band. we get together on saturdays to make noise in a small room on hong kong street. we like covering plainsunset because they are our local heroes. we do a little bit of rock/punk/alternative/mainstream/emo, though we might need another guitarist to help us out. anybody interested?

anyway, i've been playing for a few years and i somehow cannot unlock the secret to scales and solo-ing. perhaps i'm dense. i bow in the presence of shredders. any help here would be amazing.

i've recently made a transition from digital effects to analog, for the sole reason of the gratifying feeling you get when you stomp on something compact, solid and metallic. shiok lah.

at the same time, i also realize that i'm burning a huge hole in my tiny pocket.

on weekdays in the daytime, i have an alter-ego. i do graphic and web design for a small company. i'm in the process of expanding my portfolio as well, trying to look out for freelance jobs wherever available. moonlighting, that's what they call it.

if anyone is ever in need of flyer/poster/cover art for a small fee (to support my quest for stompboxes or end my hunger..) feel free to approach me, though i won't promise anything fantastic. you can sample some of my not-so-fantastic works here:

http://maggotinthebrain.bryangelo.com

yep. that's pretty much it. pardon the long-winded post. i am a long-winded boy.

note: this post has been written on company time. gahaha!

aah! that's awesome man! unfortunately, you got it all wrong.

i'm not much of a guitarist/singer/designer. i just like doing those things but i'm terrible at them.

anyway, i'm glad you managed to pull through reading the entire thing. ha! what kinda products do you design anyway? how about 'guitars of the future?'

that would be awesome.

Hmm.

I'm more of a DIY guitar maintenance guy.. not much experience building guitars of making guitar parts :)

Anyways, I am just finished my poly diploma, so not much of a "professional" designer, but yes, I am working free-lance at the moment before I enter Tekong.

PM me if you want to know where you can find me on Sunday afternoons.

diy maintenance guy? what kinda maintenance do you do? any advice on what to do if my pickup selector seems to be cranky? or perhaps you can help me with my guitar and setting it just right.

hey, there's no 'professional' designer man. as long as you're doing it, you're as professional as everyone else.

anyway, good luck entering the forsaken island. my advice is, bring an acoustic after the first bookout! it'll make your stay seem shorter.

Hmm.

Haha thanks man.. I'll keep that in mind! Umm, DIY maintenance means like I do all of my own set-ups, re-stringing, trouble-shooting etc.

A cranky pickup selector (depending on which type we're referring to here; strat, tele, LP?) could mean bad soldering, dirty contacts or simply the entire part wearing out after prolonged usage.

I'm not the best electrical component consultant here.. my choice of involvement would involve only "guitar-mounted" hardware.

hmm. perhaps i need your advice on setting up, especially the action of my guitar. :\

i'm using an epiphone lp, btw. i should get the pickup checked right?

haha. don't worry man, i don't even have a clue when it comes to the specifics. what do you mean by guitar-mounted hardware?

and where are you on sundays, anyway?

Back