Intro: CrispyEgg

CrispyEgg

I've been browsing thru soft.com for a long time, but didn't register till recent ( -.-" what was i thinking?)
Here goes... :toimonster:

namE: Chris Ong
agE/seX: 18 as of`2005 (but i still feel 14) / male
fav genrEs: prog rock/metal, classic-hard-soft rock, rocknroll, ballad, experimental, &music with very warm, acoustic-guit tones. i have no idea what the genre is called.

listen-to: DREAM THEATER, LIQUID TENSION, stratovarius, sonata arctica, nickelback, MR. BIG, 3 DOORS DOWN, switchfoot, steelheart, ALTER BRIDGE, blessid union of souls, collective souls, joe satriani, MICHAEL BUBLE, mandy moore, jason becker, ronan keating, bon jovi, john mayer, joss stone, maroon 5, vertical horizon, STU HAMM, victor wooten,...(oh and britney spears and christina aguilera, occasionally.)
instrU:BaSs guit. elec guit. acous guit. drums. keyboards (both typing and music). vocals. others like the harmonica and percussions. dreaming to play the sax. :lol:

I just transfered to lasalle music tech, was in NP's FSV previously...
I started dropped piano (didnt take exams) in pri sch, then picked up modern band instruments one after another in upper sec... finally became a hardcore musician when i left secondary sch and during my free time, found the ever rocking world of music. i've also been greatly inspired by my gd friend and elec guitarist, jireh (aka. penta-tonic) to listen to stuff like jason becker and joe stump.

Currently, i'm pushing the limits of the electric bass guitar as an instrument, i have found that it has a whole range of tones and sounds that any other instrument does not have, and there are fewer bassists who push as hard as electric guitarists, speed-wise and groove-wise, so i'd like to be one of the few :D . with some effects, i can even use it as a keyboard >_< hehe. my greatest inspirations are Stu Hamm and John Myung.

i'm with iMPERFECTIONS, with the craziest lineup ever. \m/ 1leadvocals, 1drummer, 1leadguitarist, and 2 bassists. We do nearly any genre that relates to rock (except punk) and working towards compositions and Christian Progressive. (new genre! hooray!)

GEAR
Bass: Ibanez GSR205, Ibanez BTB406QM
Electric: sold my first guitar, grx40, gave up electric for hardcore bass. anybody care to buy me an Ibanez RG?
Acoustic: Ibanez AW40ECE
Fx: Boss ME-50B
Amps: none. feed me. :p

gordonzz said:
u got nice nick :eek:
haha thx!

wangdexian said:
Why not punk? 2 bassists sound really rad though!
Welcome anyway!
hmm, i don't hear punk bassists pushing the limits tho... but some bands have good stuff, i respect Green Day a lot! =)

haha thanks! =)
(what's up with the mandy moore fever... i think we can start a fan club...)

pooo: you have a cute avatar. kenshin right? :smt045

Yep, I agree, punk basslines are supposed to be simple... but to do a bassline which is that simple, but nice is hard...
I love those basslines by blink 182, green day and fall out boy alot.

On with the mandy fan club thing... LOL
I've written like 3 songs about her when I was bored... hahaha... :lol:
Beautiful and talented singer/actress... awwwwwwww. :oops:

wangdexian said:
Yep, I agree, punk basslines are supposed to be simple... but to do a bassline which is that simple, but nice is hard...
I love those basslines by blink 182, green day and fall out boy alot.

On with the mandy fan club thing... LOL
I've written like 3 songs about her when I was bored... hahaha... :lol:
Beautiful and talented singer/actress... awwwwwwww. :oops:

rock mandy rock~~~

CrispyEgg said:

Haha yea, it's kenshin. It's actually from a gif file showing all his moves. But it's too large to put here :(

Mandy Moore is, i don't know how to describe lol. Of all the teenage singers we've seen, M2M, britney, i think she's the best. The cutest. Aiya, the best la LOL :lol: If you start the fan club, put my name down automatically :D

pooo said:
CrispyEgg said:
haha thanks! =)
(what's up with the mandy moore fever... i think we can start a fan club...)

Haha yea, it's kenshin. It's actually from a gif file showing all his moves. But it's too large to put here :(

Mandy Moore is, i don't know how to describe lol. Of all the teenage singers we've seen, M2M, britney, i think she's the best. The cutest. Aiya, the best la LOL :lol: If you start the fan club, put my name down automatically :D

eh.. hilary.... ashlee simpson... britney's sister jamie-lynn oso nice

whaa xiong arr. 2 hrs and my intro page went to "2"??? must be cuz of MANDY MOORE!! :smt040

if u guys turn up at my gig, june 19th @ 3rd place, we'll dedicate a song to mandy moore k. $6 a tix pls. -shameless plug-

Back