Intro: Amanda

atee

Okay, decided to try this out. Hopefully it doesn't disappear to the 5th page by tmr...

Amanda Tee, 15 this year, female. Has been playing for about two years, switching between electric guitar and acoustic. First picked up a guitar when she went for a 6-month acoustic guitar course. Went on to get an electric, accompanied with much nagging from her mother after that.

First few influences included Mark Tremonti, RHCP, Satriani etc. Not too heavy, not too light. Discovered that the electric guitar also sounded good without distortion through them.

Theory is her worst nightmare. Learnt her first scale from a guitarist in her first and most impressionable band - the minor pentatonic scale. That was half a year ago. Now she has progressed to the major scale and... let's move on.

Current gear includes an Epiphone Gothic SG, a Samick strat, a Yamaha F-340 Black Acoustic, a Samick 15watt amp, a Danelectro 'Grilled Cheese' Distortion pedal(with fixed wah) and a Crybaby Wah-Fuzz. She wants a 12-string acoustic as her next guitar(hinthint).

Fell in love with her acoustic guitar only a few months ago(took her long enough.) Went into the alternative genre, with influences including Bright Eyes and a few other bands. Also emo band Dashboard Confessional currently has a very heavy influence on her because of the singer/player/writer's great voice and writing skills. Also listening to folk, namely Joni Mitchell who writes and sings well too.

Now trying out as an acoustic player/songwriter, but does not want to turn out like Dashboard Confessional's Chris who moved to play heavy(i.e. electric guitar, loud drums and the like) like vindicated... unless her electric guitar is powerful enough to call her back......

Lend her your ears:
http://fored.dmusic.com
http://freewebs.com/fored/
(some songs were recorded while she was still green, so pardon the noise.)

that's nice.. what made u give up ur electric? IMHO, i think electric is the sexiest and most soulful instrument ever created by man... its a real shame someone chooses acoustic over electric.. sure its nice and stuff, but for the feel, that sexy tone and cry and wah..... u need an electric.... i wish i could play...

thats why you have me around baby.. see you at the jam later...

hahahaha sexiest most soulful instrument ever created ...HAHAHAHAHAH

^And who might you be? Hahaaha.

For a few months i did leave my acoustic aside to collect dust, concentrating on the electric, but then i got bored. I'm a poor person, no effects whatsoever, until i saved up to buy a distortion pedal. And i had to buy one with a fixed wah, can't use it all the time. No multieffects, no money to afford different pedals or new guitars... (hinthint12-stringhinthint) When i started listening to DC i really got into the acoustic. Yep.

hey save that money and buy like a cry or a wah.... stop buying so many guitars! one good one will do! eh chan can you do vai's tender surrender?

There's a zoom multieffect which u can buy at around $100...a great deal with so little money to invest.. :wink:

theres a cheapskate method to get those effects. Get a converter, plug ur guitar in to the mic hole. Get a free guitar amp simulator software like ReValver Live. Its loaded with alot of effects, can evem imitate the tube sound...For a computer software it sounds awesome. Its even better than my 12w practise amp and more convenient too u can check out tabs and play mp3s. You may wanna try it out nx time when u feel like making some noise. :twisted:

i was into acoustic too.. but it didnt last long. Soon i got sick of the higher action and inability to reach higher frets, and also because i cant sing well :?
but u DO sing very well! and ur voice kinda goes along pretty well with the acoustic git...i think u've prolly made the right choice.

12 string? wait for another 30 days and beg ur parents to get it for u.
http://freewebs.com/fored/ is down

heard your stuff.. very very nice acoustic work... \m/
i l iked the chords on "kiss" and lullaby's a good track

Thanks guys!

I might just get a multieffect, maybe next year. :D

Btw, there's this orchard acoustic busking thing happening, and I'm in it. So if you wanna see me embarrass myself in public come on down on 8pm on 10,11 and 6pm on the 12th. Each slot is about 45mins. Yep. Put some coins in or somthing. ;)

sneek preview of whu she is =P

here a sneek preview of whu she is muhahaha some advertising 4 u hope u dun mind so guyz do come down and gif her some support :wink:
fored.jpg

i think i with jammed her before if she's not the wrong person. she's from NYGH if i didn't remember wrongly..

repulse87 said:
realise this thread has got the most number of people who viewed it. i wonder whyyy...

usually when people phrase their questions this way , they already know the answer :roll:

Back