I need people who want to channel spirits (nouveau-shamanic music)

swish

Nicholas Cage calls his acting style "nouveau shamanic", I want to do that with music.
I mean this almost entirely in terms of approach.

Sound-wise (very loosely speaking) I am thinking of very loud very soft very fast very slow very everything in between and outside of. Just very.
I want to play music through the eyes of a witch doctor with a raging fire in between us all.

How we will work is we will simply choose any fictional or non-fictional entity and try to channel it into the air around us.
To calm down on the jargon for a second, we will obtain most or all our ideas via free-flow improv but it will eventually be set in stone much like any other pop song.

Requirements are to really really want to channel up some spirits, to be somewhat decent at your instrument and to really feel music when you play it.

Personally I can sing, play guitar and fuck around with the keyboard.
My influences: Cocteau twins, zach hill, horror film music, tom waits, death grips, the cure, my bloody valentine, radiohead, battles, electric light orchestra, led zeppelin, joan of arc, aphex twin, don caballero, frank zappa, mike patton etc.

Summary: I want to make aurally, emotionally and spiritually intense music.

If interested, please message me with a list of your influences, what instrument(s) you play, how good you are and how badly you want to channel up some spirits. Preferably also a demo or two if you have any.
I really really want a drummer.

Thanks!

Disclaimer: I'm actually fucking scared of spirits so please do not message me if you are for real a witchcraft/magik person. Also I'm actually a pretty normal dude so don't hesitate to message if it's just the potential of me being a schizophrenic throwing you off.

Back