I need help about TEXAS PICK UP .It concerns you too...

Guitarmadd

Hello Guitar Bro

I need some advice about Texas Pick Up.
I have sent my Guitar at Pennisula for repair and advice them to change the pick up of my FENDER DELUXE-mexico
I paid $300 for the Texas Pick( They bought on my behalf).. and $100 for genral fixing..This I think is over priced..My guitar was not seriously ill.
So I never confirmed it was really brand new.
I guess this is STUPID mistake I made..I was young then..and knew nothing abou guitar parts but I trust the bloke.

Now heres the problem...After I playing for sometime , I find that ther sound is no better than the original fender pick up that comes with it..

Last nitght , I decided to open up my guitar and " tear " them to peices...I found something strange..
The pick up was rusty and looks horrible..No where did it says TEXAS pick up..I mean for $300 in 2005 is no small sum..below is the website of a texas pick up and how it looks like

http://www.texascustoms.us/id5.html

I like to post the pictures in this forum..but I am not allowed...Don't know why??..Maybe I am in communist .soft .com.CHINA....

If any one want to see the pics..please email me at guitarmadd@gmail.com

I will show you all the full details....I hope I am wrong cos nobody likes to be cheat..
I have yet to see the bloke in pennisula after I get my facts right...

Like I said before , I want to reserve judgement until I get have some expert opinion about this.

BTW , how to post pictures in this damm forum...

Hello Aministrator..you hear me...

Last edited:
upload the pictures and use the url from photobucket to upload your photos

and why so hostile over the whole photos issue? its not the administrators fault and you certainly dont have a right to demand help from them, especially not with that attitude.

You feel the forum has a problem you cant live without, you go to the suggestions page and make your case politely.

Hello Guitar Bro

I need some advice about Texas Pick Up.
I have sent my Guitar at Pennisula for repair and advice them to change the pick up of my FENDER DELUXE-mexico
I paid $300 for the Texas Pick( They bought on my behalf).. and $100 for genral fixing..This I think is over priced..My guitar was not seriously ill.
So I never confirmed it was really brand new.
I guess this is STUPID mistake I made..I was young then..and knew nothing abou guitar parts but I trust the bloke.

Now heres the problem...After I playing for sometime , I find that ther sound is no better than the original fender pick up that comes with it..

Last nitght , I decided to open up my guitar and " tear " them to peices...I found something strange..
The pick up was rusty and looks horrible..No where did it says TEXAS pick up..I mean for $300 in 2005 is no small sum..below is the website of a texas pick up and how it looks like

http://www.texascustoms.us/id5.html

I like to post the pictures in this forum..but I am not allowed...Don't know why??..Maybe I am in communist .soft .com.CHINA....

If any one want to see the pics..please email me at guitarmadd@gmail.com

I will show you all the full details....I hope I am wrong cos nobody likes to be cheat..
I have yet to see the bloke in pennisula after I get my facts right...

Like I said before , I want to reserve judgement until I get have some expert opinion about this.

BTW , how to post pictures in this damm forum...

Hello Aministrator..you hear me...

7 years is enough time for a pickup to rust slightly IMO, but if you really want to be sure about the pickup's origins you can always mail Texas Customs the pictures and see what they say.

You have already judged this forum as a communist forum that you can't post pictures in.
Did you even bothered to search?

So,
after playing for 7 years. You finally realised that the pickup doesn't sound better than your original Fender pickup and you got ripped off.

And with that attitude, you should be glad that people here are still trying to help you out.
7 years. Seriously?

Back