how to route toneport to protools

Ok it's been ages since I touched PT.

Sounds like 5BX in the Army... KEKEKE...
Enjaykayb could probably give you more insight - advise, as he's a PT trainer... PTI (Phyiscal Training Instructor) KEKEKEHAHAHA. Just kidding Neelesh....

Ok, back to serious business...

General rule of thumb is:

1) The plugin has to be RTAS for PTLe
2) Create an Audio track
3) Insert the RTAS Toneport plugin in one of the plugin slots
4) Software monitoring has to be on to hear what you're playing

I've never used Toneport but hope this helps.
R.

okay this is gonna sound stupid but you mean you can use protools with other interfaces?

i've tried both the LE and M-audio, and it can't start up unless a digidesign m-box or maudio interface is plugged in

From what I understand of your question, you want to use the Line 6 Toneport USB Interface to record on ProTools LE Software... Am I right?

If this is the case... then you cant do this. To use the ProTools software you have gotta get a Digidesign or an M-Audio interface. But the advantage of this is that once you have for example, a M-Box, you can then not only use ProTools LE, but also LOGIC, Reason, Abelton, etc... via Re-Wire.

Hope this helps...

yep thats right, you need to use proprietary hardware from maudio / digidesign to run protools. i'm not sure whether its possible to come up with a phantom script for this ie. making the computer believe that a ma/ddesign interface is plugged in, but in due time i wouldnt be surprised if it did. if them geniuses can come up with a way to bypass the ilok system, it would juts be a matter of time :D

hey thanx for the response.. n yea ive realise dat i cant use the toneport solely as the i/o.. i cant use podfarm as plugins form as im using d old toneport... so wat i did was to take an out from the toneport n connect it to one of the mbox inputs..

Back