Hi I'm Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy

Hmm.

After... more than a year's worth of floating through the forum, I might as well pluck up the courage to introduce myself... better late than never eh? :)

Singer / composer / guitarist / mandolinist / harmonica player / lame bass player.

Singing / harmonica influences: Mick Jagger, Bon Scott, Robert Plant, Neil Young.

Electric guitar influences: Jimmy Page, Angus & Malcolm Young, David Gilmour, Keith Richards, Dan Hawkins, Clapton, Hendrix.

Acoustic guitar influences: Neil Young (once again), Jimmy Page (yet again), David Gilmour (huff again). Not forgetting Irish singer / guitarist Gerry Cox and British (currently missing in action) singer / guitarist Robert Bartlett.

Favourite bands: Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Darkness, Thin Lizzy.

Favourite local bands: Psychedelic 4, Heritage.

Currently playing in 3 :!: bands as singer and guitarist.

Spread the love 8O

haha crawldaddy you're pretty late huh? i guess no need for welcoming ?

haha and I see Led Zeppelin there!

Last edited:
Hmm.

hey thanks guys, but allow me to wish y'all a merry christmas.. away in malaysia now so I'll only be back on tuesday.

how's the OS-2, the_man_of_men? I can give you some tips on how to make it work better for you.

in fact, i do need some tips...

can u pls tell me how to get a sharp sounding distortion? don't forget, a good palm-mute sound too?

ya know, the configuration most ideal for punk rock?

:D :D :D

haha, hope you had an enjoyable christmas and that you'll enjoy your stay at m'sia. thanks for the advice on the choice of guitar some time back!

cheers!

Hmm.

No worries, shredded :)

the_man_of_men... when you mention an 'ideal punk rock' sound, I'd believe you're referencing Blink 182, Sum 41?

The key is in the contour knob: it's like a mid-range control, which means when you turn it all the way to the left (1 out of 10), you have maximum mid-range; however, turning it to the right (10 out of 10) would mean minimal mid-range.

Another important factor is the tone knob, which would control how 'transparent' your sound would be.

So.. I would recommend you work around with the contour knob between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, and rolling off the tone knob to taste.

Have fun, mate :)

Crawldaddy said:
Hmm.

No worries, shredded :)

the_man_of_men... when you mention an 'ideal punk rock' sound, I'd believe you're referencing Blink 182, Sum 41?

The key is in the contour knob: it's like a mid-range control, which means when you turn it all the way to the left (1 out of 10), you have maximum mid-range; however, turning it to the right (10 out of 10) would mean minimal mid-range.

Another important factor is the tone knob, which would control how 'transparent' your sound would be. and yup better late than nvr nice to meet you crawldaddy im vic.

So.. I would recommend you work around with the contour knob between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, and rolling off the tone knob to taste.

Have fun, mate :)

oh cool thats prety interesting, but what if my amp doesnt have a contour or some call it the mid or somethign right?

Hmm.

The contour control I was referring to is actually on the OS-2 itself.

os2.jpg

It's the "colour" knob.

But if you're like me, using an amp without a mid-range control, you could always get yourself an EQ pedal (I'm using a Behringer BEQ700) to further scultp your tone.

I find that the EQ pedal really helps in adding punch and definition when tweaked correctly.

Hopes this helps :)

Back