Help me with my problems. i can't get my solutions anywhere

sir.TJ

Hi i have a pod x3 live, for my recording purposes. my problem now is, im wiling to mic up lots of mics to record drum tracks. is there any possible ways that i can do, since there are only 2 inputs (instrument input & XLR inputs) in the pod x3 live and is it possible to seperate each mic into different tracks in the DAW.

really2 need help on this one.:(

i was thinking a mixer as the solution. is it the right choice.

thank you very much if anybody can enlighten me with this issues. :-D

let me jus ask cus i dun really get ur point :D issit ure trying to use pod x3L jus for the mic w/ effect on it?

dun really understand your question too, im trying to use pod x3L to record drums. Recording drums needed alot of mics rite. is there any possible ways to connect alot of mics whereas theres only 2 inputs in the x3l.

and is it possible to seperate each mic into different tracks. that's the propper ways of recording drums rite i supposed. so i can eq all the different parts

Bottom line is the X3 live will not suffice for multi track drum recording. For that purpose you'd need something like a UX8 (also from the line6 family which you should be familiar with).

Am not sure how many mics are you going to need. As a pod x3l user myself, there are the Aux In, Guitar in, XLR mic port, and thats about it.

However in your DAW you have the option to choose either Left channel of your X3L, Right Channel, Stereo, for ASIO4ALL.

And for ASIO POD X3 Live,Live Tone 1,Live Tone 2 ,Live Mix(Tone 1 and Tone 2), and Tone 1 + Tone 2 DRY.

Since you only have 3 inputs, you can do something like:

Tone 1: Guitar + Aux -> 1 Track into your DAW, that means 1 track controlling your 2 mics
Tone 2: Mic -> 1 Track into your DAW

If 3 mics are all you need to record drums, then its possible, note the X3L does not have phantom power so there's no way you're going to use a condenser mic. And since there's only 1 mic port, your other 2 mics are gonna be using 1/4" jacks??

Back