Hello from Indiana...

GeezerRock

...and greetings from 180-1/2 degrees around the world, where it's Sunday evening with the Music Grammy Awards on tonight. Coldplay is on right now with Keith Urban, Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartny on in the show later in the evening. Paul is a little older than me - I just want to make that perfectly clear....;) Ha

At 61 years young, I really am both a Geezer and a Rocker, and want to reach out and connect to all musicians throughout the world. My main genre is Rock and Blues although country, classical, jazz, alternative, and other forms pop are always a good change of pace.

I've been playing bass since 1964, just before the British Invasion. Currently, I'm in a collection of the current survivers from our local 1965 high school bands -- about 20 playing members who are gigging at High School reunions. We are all geezers now. Although we weren't big hitters, we had a good time, and are still having a good time. Three of us have split off to form a blues trio and are working on music from the Los Lonely Boys, Eric Clapton, John Mayer, and some of the muscians from the past -- the Rolling Stones and Stevie Ray Vaughn amongst others.

I also play guitar, some keyboard, and can just barely paddidle on the drums - which I will be doing more of since my drummer left his kit here yesterday. Hahah

With my wife's blessings, I'm also working on a project studio in our basement, which has three ceilings and insulation so the sound (noise :D) doesn't annoy her. It's a room inside a room sort of thing. Sometime in the near future, I may post some pictures in the "show us your home studio" thread even though my studio is both modest, cramped, and still a work in progress.

So, I hope to share and learn -- especially on the drums, since I know the least about them.

Keep Playing and Never Give Up,
GeezerRock

Last edited:
Thanks All. I came here from Google when hunting for talkbass, and some of the guitar websites. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how much content is here. So, when I get a break I will browse through and check more out.

Best Regards,
GR

I think most of the bassists around here do. There's a whole lot of information and the Off-Topic threads are really funny. Yeah it's true. The sheer number of beauties they own is just remarkable.

Back