guitar recommendations?

jaaaared

hey guys,

i've been playing guitar for roughly about 3.5 years using an old yamaha electric guitar, and i'm kinda looking into getting a guitar of my own soon.
my style is pretty much alternative, indie or pop-punk (sorry) i guess? (muse, arctic monkeys, yeah yeah yeahs, paramore)

so far these are the recommendations i've gotten from other websites:

fender modern player telecaster thinline deluxe
standard MIM or MIJ (?) telecaster
epiphone les paul standard (?)

so i guess i'm open to more suggestions based on
availability in SG,
price (my budget is around 500 to 800?)
playability, sound and durability?

Thinline teles to me sound only really good clean and slightly overdriven. Any heavier and the guitar tends to sound harsh. A Les Paul is strongly recommended!

To me, I would prefer classic teles. I don't fancy humbucker teles or strats tbh.

Are you looking to go new/used or cool with either? With your budget, I think a used MIJ Les Paul would be a good bet and offer you superior value that stretches your dollar to the max imo. I wouldn't recommend getting a Epiphone LP as I find it overpriced and QC isn't really good. Headstock design kills it for me too. To each his own, of course!
Other suggestions I would give maybe a MIJ SG? Or Squier CV Tele perhaps?

Shameless plug here but I do have a nice Edwards P90 Goldtop for sale currently. Edwards have glowing reviews of their instruments and are really bang for the buck. If you're keen, maybe you could pm me and work something out as I have a Vox Pathfinder 15R to let go too - probably as a guitar set if you're keen.

A different opinion here, just throwing this idea into the mix because its no fun if we're all on the same boat.

The guitar? Ibanez's FR320/420
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg...0&color=CL01&year=2013&cat_id=1&series_id=153

I play Muse/Paramore/Yeahyeahyeahs too, but I got myself a telecaster, routed it for humbuckers and put a JB in the bridge + coil split.

However, this Ibanez does everything above really well. Definitely would be a guitar I'm going after next, because it's comfortable, sick looking, does the job and its definitely within the budget. You can use the extra money (if your budget is $800) to change the pickups but I'd say the pickups there are fine, just get a pedal :) hope this helps

fr420+full+pic1.jpg

my FR420, it's definitely not a Fender but my kinda guitar :)

hey guys,

fender modern player telecaster thinline deluxe
standard MIM or MIJ (?) telecaster
epiphone les paul standard (?)

so i guess i'm open to more suggestions based on
availability in SG,
price (my budget is around 500 to 800?)
playability, sound and durability?

MIA Gibson LP & SG junior with soft bag selling from S$799 only 'lah''.

Back