Gibson Les Paul Studio

sept09

Hi everyone.
Went to survey for my accoustic guitar earlier today. And happen that I also try some Gibson and Fender guitar. I tried the Les Paul studio and found that its very playable with nice sound from clean and distort. The neck is the 50s neck so abit thicker than what I usually use.
However I had read post from somewhere else, ard the world and most people are against the Les Paul studio. Why is this so? What do people is Soft think?

les paul studio got less mojo unlike its standard and custom siblings.

i've read gibson designed it for studio recording use therefore eliminating it of its aesthetics like body and neck bindings, flame maple top. but they say it still sounds like its bigger brothers.

For me, studio's look is too simple. I still prefer standard for its look. If... I can afford one.

les paul studio got less mojo unlike its standard and custom siblings.

i've read gibson designed it for studio recording use therefore eliminating it of its aesthetics like body and neck bindings, flame maple top. but they say it still sounds like its bigger brothers.

For me, studio's look is too simple. I still prefer standard for its look. If... I can afford one.

So you are saying that mostly its only the looks that differ? How about its resale value?

However I had read post from somewhere else, ard the world and most people are against the Les Paul studio.

thats not true. i havent played a les paul better than my studio at the moment. i definitely got a good piece. intonation was spot on the moment i got it. frets were beautifully cut. action was amazingly low and there was no fretbuzz at all. i ended up raising the action.

the pickups are high output. i love the mid inclined voicing of the pair. but they are way too high output for my liking. neck pickup is a tad muddy though.

my les paul studio is also the heaviest guitar i've ever held. weighing in at 17lbs.

overall its a great guitar. although, i would recommend ppl who want quality les pauls, who are not brand conscious to get an edwards, burny, tokai or orville. they can be obtained at half the price of a gibson les paul, and they can easily match up to the quality of a gibson

if u're concerned abt resale value forget abt the studio. my studio is my #1 guitar and my workhorse so selling it is out of the question

So you are saying that mostly its only the looks that differ? How about its resale value?

Yes.

About the resale value, of course it's a gibson. It should do good in resale. But don't expect the value to appreciate. IMO

thats not true. i havent played a les paul better than my studio at the moment. i definitely got a good piece. intonation was spot on the moment i got it. frets were beautifully cut. action was amazingly low and there was no fretbuzz at all. i ended up raising the action.

the pickups are high output. i love the mid inclined voicing of the pair. but they are way too high output for my liking. neck pickup is a tad muddy though.

my les paul studio is also the heaviest guitar i've ever held. weighing in at 17lbs.

overall its a great guitar. although, i would recommend ppl who want quality les pauls, who are not brand conscious to get an edwards, burny, tokai or orville. they can be obtained at half the price of a gibson les paul, and they can easily match up to the quality of a gibson

if u're concerned abt resale value forget abt the studio. my studio is my #1 guitar and my workhorse so selling it is out of the question

Wow you really love your studio. Well who wont? Its a nice guitar after all :)

Latest posts

Back