Getting a new guitar...

LoneCaster

I'm currently playing a MIM Strat and I'm looking to get a new guitar. There's nothing I particularly hate about the Strat, it's a great guitar for what it is and I love how it sounds with the active EMGs I have in it. Main reason for getting a new one is because the 21 frets bug me. There are a few songs I'd like to try which needs 22-24 frets and though I don't always dwell too much in the higher parts of the fretboard it'd be nice to be able to if the song needs it. That and I'd like to experiment with a floating trem.

Most importantly I worked my ass off this year and I'd like to get something nice for myself...

I've more or less narrowed it down to the Ibanez S series. Not too spendy and seems to be quite a bang for the buck. Particularly the S470 or S570.

Any opinions on these? Who stocks them for the best price?

Budget is around $900. I'll be playing through a Marshall MG15FX and an ME-25. Looks wise I like the shape and how thin they are but I do prefer solid colours compared to the maple topped ones. Music wise, classic rock mostly and I string with 9-42 slinkies.

Back