Forming a Power-pop / Pop-punk / Alt-Rock band fronted by a FEMALE VOX

craig_nichollas

Hey, my name is Kay and I want to form a 5-piece band, fronted by a female vocalist. Influences would be Boys Like Girls, We The Kings, Taking Back Sunday and of course, Paramore. A bit about myself, I've been playing for almost 6 years with some knowledge of theory and tech. I'm a lead guitarist originally but I'd like to keep to rhythmic duties. I'm 20 btw.

That leaves me with:

Lead Guitarist
Bassist
Drummer
Female Vox

Not to sound whiny but I'd want people who are committed and have a few years experience and around the age of 20-24? We'll cover a few songs first and once we're tight, we can start on originals! Pm me of you're interested!

guitarist here

im 23 years of age, played guitar for quite a while but nt pro ah, slightly above basic. have my own guitar and gear. i was also looking to join a band to play the following songs but couldnt find anyone. im interested to join....

Drummer slot still available?

23 turning 24 this year. Has been playing the drums for some time. Able to double pedal but speed wise, I am still improving. Looking to form a band playing your following list of song hopefully.

Hi. I'm also a drummer. Since Snazer replied to the thread first, you can try him first but i'm available. I've been playing for a couple of years and have been playing songs by bands that you've said above. So there.

hi, guitarist here. can play lead or rythm or anything you want. age 20. so yea, hit me back.

i am a female vox and used to have performing experience a long long time ago (about 6 years back during poly times). i can do paramore (no problems with vocal range on decode - one of their hardest piece) but not too sure about the other bands as they are male vox, unless guitarist is good at transposition. used to do alot of old school stuff like guns & roses, avril lavigne etc and some japanese bands like do as infinity, every little thing, some other stuff like celine dion, alicia keys, jewel, the corrs...haven't been catching up with music recently because of my lifestyle but I am a very fast learner and can pick things up quick.

some songs i've performed before:
whats' up by four non-blondes (old school)
rev it up by vixen (old school)
sweet child o'mine (guns & roses - old school)
decode (some random band mates)
fukai mori (j-pop by d.a.i)

http://www.youtube.com/user/iyona87?feature=mhum#p/u/3/tyArmRnJv-0 (hear a sample clip i recorded from home pc. its not a very good sample as i was doing this song at night at was conscious of my volume)

let me know if you are keen to pursue this! 97949527. sms first. thanks!

Last edited:
Back