Forming a JPOP GIRL band!

dobbit

I want to create an all girl band like K-ON/scandal/chatmonchy/stereopony etc! :D

I've been surfing through the threads a long time and have yet to see anyone mentioning about forming such a group. Makes me wonder... where are all the female musicians??!!
I'm can't play any instruments so the vocalist position will be taken up by me heh..

My influences:
YUI, Ikimonogakari, Do.As.Infinity, The Brilliant Green, Moumoon, Ai Otsuka and so on. If there is a sudden urge to do something rock... like covering Luna Sea's songs it's perfectly alright too! I'm very flexible! I can even do KPOP/CPOP!! ;)

My aim:
I hope this band can last a long time because I intend to go for gigs and best, even hold our own concert!! I even hope that we can perform in Tokyo DOME!!!! And also get into the Oricon charts!!! hahaha I'm crazy!!

I really like the idea of chasing a dream together, it's too lonely on this road alone.
Why girls then you ask? To me, girls are safer and easier to connect with. Sometimes when I am with my other band-mates, I feel like I'm not part of the group. And every time I look for another band, I have this fear that the guys will all look like they are from X-Japan.

Who I am looking for:
Any female musicians aged 19-29! (drummer, bassist, lead/main guitarist)
Any level of experience is ok! Lets all grow together!!
Able to jam at least once a week!
Preferably Chinese!

SMS me at 91270381 if you are interested!
Or just reply to this thread!:)

Sometimes when I am with my other band-mates, I feel like I'm not part of the group. And every time I look for another band, I have this fear that the guys will all look like they are from X-Japan.[/FONT]

Sorry? i dont really get what you mean lol...do you mean SKILLS or LOOKS?
I dont see such people around here in Singapore...X-Japan wow...they must be fabulous...you're kidding right?

ok,to analyze simply, X-japan has huge colourful hairstyle,thick makeups and fanciful clothings,so you are afraid other jap rock band in singapore looks like them,right?

thanks for the reply ruiko~
and yes i am kinda afraid that they look too visual for my taste.
mainly i'm just afraid that i won't fit in

I wonder y the topic is on this? lol
any female bassist/drummer out there? please contact me! :D

Last edited:
STILL LOOKING FOR BASSIST AND GUITARIST!! Don't be shy, come forward!! make that important first step!! :D

Awesome

Always good to see more J-Rock/J-Pop bands. I feel there isn't enough exposure in SG.

Totally agree with finding the right people. With good character and attitude, skills are secondary if they are willing to learn. I am guitarist, pretty good with song ideas as I like to compose and experiment. In the recent months I have also been into mixing and mastering music.

Too bad, I don't fulfill your primary requirement. So, all the best in your band search!! \m/

thanks!

yeah i think there is much too little exposure in Singapore too!
yup, having a group that have bonding is much stronger than having good skills.
And what I aim to do requires a lot of trust and believe.
Hopefully I can find good members! Still patiently waiting for them to come forward!

Are you composing Japanese songs? :)

Oh, yes! I am familiar with the genre, as I have written a couple before.
However, my forte lies with the tunes. Lyrics wise usually I work with a partner or the group, as my proficiency is just basic. But yeah, most of the time, it's secondary.

As for the tune itself, sometimes they leave it to me, other times, I work closely with understanding their playing style and preferences, so it can be as simple as a basic chord progression and leave it to them to improvise, or I can write the whole thing for them, drum beats, bass lines, you name it.

If you don't mind a guy in your team, or have a side project sometime, I believe we can have a good collaboration going! :D

Wow that's so cool! I'm aiming to write my own songs too someday! (hopefully soon haha)
I'm sure we'll have a good collaboration! :D
If I still can't find a guitarist after some time, I'll gladly put you in the group! ^^
Do you have facebook?

oh no... i'm still waiting for either a GUITARIST or BASSIST to join us! I've been waiting for so long!! :(
Yes I want YOU! Don't hesitate anymore! Come to me! JOIN MY BAND!;)

good luck forming your band!

ive seen x japan and luna sea live, and the tokyo dome is truly an awesome place to be at wooohooo

Back