Fender CIJ Jaguar JGS

NachociousD

23906.jpg

Price of guitar $1400
Tone: Dont be mistaken by the traditional Jaguar which gives you the surf type of sounds. This baby has a more mordernise tone compared to those. It has a bright and big sound , really unique tone. Fitted with 2 humbuckers instead of the usual single coils , it gives out a heavier and yet smoother sound compared to the traditional Jaguars. Compared to my edward's Lespaul it has a more sparkley bright biting sound although not as bassy. Definately a guitar capable for Heavy style music.

Features: Its has similar Features as any jaguar 2 tone 2 volume 3 pickup selector and a switch button to switch between tone knobs. Cool thing about this guitar which other guitars cant do other then jazzmasters and Jagstangs etc.. Is it capability to use all 3 pickup sound channels at the same time. What somes out is a echo-ing type of sound like an extra delay really something you wanna try out at the store.

Specs:
Alder body 3 piece body i believe.
Vintage Tuners love it stays in tune way longer then compared to my lespaul's gotoh tuners.
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fretboard
Tom Special Bridge , Tune o Matic ( similar to lespauls Bridge)

Overall: If you have played a jaguar before this is basically the same thing with a different sound and without the tremolo bridge(which i liked). If you really fancy the sexyness of the Jaguar sleek looks but never quite tempted to play something so beach boyed style. This is the baby for you. My reason for getting the jaguar is 90% because its the sexiest looking guitar to me. On its quality i would say expected for a made in japan guitar.

Conclusion:If you want the traditional kind of Jaguar this isnt what your looking for. This is a jaguar made for more modern music. And for its price and workmanship honestly its a good buy rather then like 2-3k for a MIA jaguar. Definately worth its price from what i am seeing. This guitar is for anybody for can appreciate its looks who prefers a guitar with a shorter neck and plays more modern music.

Vintage tuners
Dislikes: Stock pickups(replaced with SD alnico 2 sounds great now)
and it didt come with the tremolo.

I would say a comparable deal would be the MIA Jaguar HH.

Last edited:
And your view on this guitar?
What exactly do you mean by view? this is my review on the guitar.
Ok more specifically its a great built guitar excellent workmanship. However the stock pick ups could be better. If your planning to shred on this guitar it may work but do note its has only 21 frets so you may be better off getting a 22-24 fret guitar for that kinda stuff. This guitar is highly suitable for classic rock genre give you that really nice Highs at your solos and sparkly cleans. Definately a nice alternative compared to the more popular fenders strats and telescasters.

If you got any questions feel free to ask i will try my best to give you my views.

where to get this guitar? ... the scale is smaller compared to strat or tele?

You can get this guitar from Davis or TYMC at penisular. might have to order them. Yes the scale is slightly shorter Normal Strat and tele is 324 Jaguar is 305 of course you can always go for the jazzmaster same looks but longer scale :cool:

Thank you for the review. I always love the design of the jaguar. Do you mind explain a bit more about the 6 switches on the right and left of the pickguard. Does this model comes with matching headstock only?

on the left, the switch is to switch between the 500k pot, where the neck pickup is used, or the 1meg pot, where both pickups can be used. the 2 rollers are volume and tone controls for the 500k pot, where only the neck pickup can be used.

when switched to the 1meg pot, the 3 right side switches are used. the 1st and 2nd switches are pickup selectors for the neck and bridge pickups respectively when the 1meg pot is used. the 3rd switch is a bass cut.

that's for the MIA Jaguar (mine). I'm sure it's the same for the CIJ, but I could be wrong. always wanted one of those humbucking cij jaguars as my humbucking guitar, since the jaguar is so facking awesome. however, my MIA is my tonal holy grail, so i won't get the humbucking in a while.

by the way, the traditional jaguar can do MANY different types of music. from the surf music it was made for to hard rock/heavy metal. i play blues/hard rock with my single coiled jaguar. and i love it so much more than any humbucking guitar in the world, as it's single coils really give it an edge, a sound unobtainable in humbucking guitars, that really shines in heavy music and cuts through extremely well.

Last edited:
on the left, the switch is to switch between the 500k pot, where the neck pickup is used, or the 1meg pot, where both pickups can be used. the 2 rollers are volume and tone controls for the 500k pot, where only the neck pickup can be used.

when switched to the 1meg pot, the 3 right side switches are used. the 1st and 2nd switches are pickup selectors for the neck and bridge pickups respectively when the 1meg pot is used. the 3rd switch is a bass cut.

that's for the MIA Jaguar (mine). I'm sure it's the same for the CIJ, but I could be wrong. always wanted one of those humbucking cij jaguars as my humbucking guitar, since the jaguar is so facking awesome. however, my MIA is my tonal holy grail, so i won't get the humbucking in a while.

by the way, the traditional jaguar can do MANY different types of music. from the surf music it was made for to hard rock/heavy metal. i play blues/hard rock with my single coiled jaguar. and i love it so much more than any humbucking guitar in the world, as it's single coils really give it an edge, a sound unobtainable in humbucking guitars, that really shines in heavy music and cuts through extremely well.

You are right on the jaguar functions its same as the MIA.
Any guitar can do any type of music if you have enough amp distortion.
Its more about what you like to hear coming out of it. Humbuckers gives me a fat and juicy tone.
I love the traditional jaguar too , in the clean/rock area it gives a crisp and sparkly tone.
But thats what i hear you might hear something else. Either way jaguars are definately a serial killer(tonewise) with a seductress's body.

Thank you for the review. I always love the design of the jaguar. Do you mind explain a bit more about the 6 switches on the right and left of the pickguard. Does this model comes with matching headstock only?

Only the red coloured and blue coloured ones come with the matching headstock. The other sunburst colours comes with the normal headstock

Back