SOLD Eric Clapton 'The Fool' SG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkymojo

Rare 1992 ESP Navigator Series SG model N-SG-320LTD is based on a Gibson 61 SG. This SG is retailed at 320,000 yen brand new in Japan. The SG has been professionally painted by artist/luthier Jim Conner from the United Kingdom to be an exact replica of Cream era Eric Clapton's 'The Fool' SG. In total, Jim Conner painted 25 of these guitars and this is #1 out of 25. During the conversion, a Gibson Maestro Tremolo and a set of Grover tuners were added too.

The finish of the back of the neck was sand down and then refinished in nitro just like Clapton's original 'Fool' SG. The finish of the guitar is totally hand painted just like Clapton's 'Fool' SG and not air brushed or silk screen like other inferior copies. It was refinished in nitro as well. Everything was done to replicate it as close as possible to Clapton's 'Fool' SG. The guitar was refretted 3 years ago so there's still plenty of life in the frets. The guitar doesn't have a thick finish, so it's very alive and resonant. It's got an awesome tone. Overall, guitar is in very good condition. Will include a mint condition hardcase. Guitar has also been professionally set up.

For those of you who knows guitars will know that ESP Navigator guitars are ESP's top of the line guitars and are hand made in ESP custom shop with the finest materials. This SG has a Honduras Mahogany body and neck, Honduras Rosewood fingerbord and trapezoid fretboard inlays are similar to older Gibson guitars. ESP Navigator guitars have superb quality and workmanship that rivals or are more superior than Gibson. They are high end guitars and definitely not cheap guitars. They are produced only for the domestic Japanese market and is extremely rare outside of Japan and used ones don't come by often. I added these :

- Exact Replica Of Clapton's 1964 Gibson Patent Number Pickups Wound By Legendary Boutique Pickup Winder Jeff Gay of HighOrder Pickups
- A set of CTS 500k Audio Taper Pots
- A pair of WD Music .022 Paper In Oil Capacitors

I paid £1850 which is close to $4000sgd excluding GST which i paid when the guitar was shipped to me and also excluding the set of pickups, set of CTS 500K audio taper pots and a pair of WD Music paper in oil capacitors which I added later. This is truly a unique and one of a kind guitar. This is definitely the guitar for any Cream or Eric Clapton fans. Looking to trade for a good condition Greco Super Real EGF 1200 Les Paul, Tokai LS250 Les Paul, Yamaha SG2000, Gibson Les Paul Classic/Classic Plus, Gibson Les Paul Pro from 1970s, Gibson ES-335, Gibson ES-339, Nash Relic Stratocaster, Nash Relic Telecaster, guitar of the same value or for sale at $2850. Deal in the north area. Interested parties, feel free to sms or whatsapp me at 81120049 to discuss. Cheers

ericclaptonfoolsg01_zpsda123637.jpg

ericclaptonfoolsg02_zpsf4a2051e.jpg

ClaptonFoolSG01_zps919f095c.jpg

ClaptonFoolSG02_zps266001a7.jpg

ClaptonFoolSG03_zpsc4f8f542.jpg

ClaptonFoolSG04_zps663fa217.jpg

ClaptonFoolSG05_zps111ec61c.jpg

735197_10151237443408030_248246722_n_zps01f899ce.j  pg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back