Erhu player looking to jam casually

cgh

I've been playing the erhu for quite some time now and have started taking lessons (as graded exams go, I'm ard 7th grade) only in recent years. On my own, I like try out covers of pop pieces from time to time, just to add variety to my practice sessions. Some songs work well and some don't. Most of the covers I've tried are of Chinese movie/drama/pop songs ranging over the last few decades, though I found quite a few vocal or instrumental pieces by Japanese composers to work really well too. Sometimes good ideas can come from unexpected sources - I've heard a jazz-style dialogue between a piano and erhu that sounds really beautiful (but no...I'm not quite at that standard yet). I can also imagine certain pieces from the Western classical genre to work when transcribed, but I digress.

I'm looking to expand my repertoire and the range of possibilities for this instrument. So, I'm here to look for anyone who is interested to play together, just for fun, be it on a regular or ad-hoc basis. No commitments! It would be great if you play an accompanying instrument, but I'm really open to other instruments if we think it works for a particular piece. Feel feel to drop me a note. Even if you're not keen on jamming, but have some ideas on other possibilities for this instrument, I'd like to hear from you too!

Back