Drummer looking for a new family to house in.

faiz_ibanez

Hey everybody, thank you for taking time to read this.
Just so you know, i'm not literally looking for a family i understand this is a music forum hahaha.

I'm looking for a band for me to play in permanently.

So here's a little intro about myself:
I'm Faiz, 19. First laid hands on the kit when i was 11, self-taught. Started drumming for a punkrock outfit, moved on to play alternative rock, played ska for band called Private Eye and recently played for a post hardcore band. I'm no longer in this post hardcore band due to some personal reasons. Gigged regularly, so the stage and the crowd is no stranger to me..

What am i doing now:
2nd Year student in a local polytechnic. Currently learning how to read music(or taugeh). I'm a snare drummer for a local batucada(Portuguese for Percussion Band) playing Samba and Funk fusion. So contributing ideas, keeping a steady tempo, arranging song parts, handling a little bit of odd-time signatures shouldn't be a problem for me.

What kind of music i love listening to/playing and would continue playing:
Music from bands such as MUSE, Alterbridge, The Arctic Monkeys, Audioslave, The Beatles, Bloc Party, The Bravery, Cake, Daughtry, Dream Theater, Eric Clapton, The Foo Fighters, Grand Funk Railroad, John Mayer Trio, The Killers, The Klaxons, Liquid Tension Experiment, Michael Buble, Nerve, Nirvana, No Doubt, Oasis, Rage Against The Machine, RHCP, Rialto, Rise Against, Santana, Save Ferris, We Are Scientists, 311. Basically my musical influence revolves around these amazing bands.

Drummers that i look up to:
Jojo Mayer, Aaron Spears, Mike Portnoy, Marco Minnemann, Simon Phillips.

What am i looking for:
A band that gels together musically and socially. People who have pride in their music. I don't see how race, gender, where you live is an issue for me. I wanna work with people who breathes music and stays musically hungry. Concept wise, i don't mind trying something new. Genres that i'm new to and don't mind giving it a shot would be Latin, Reggae, Blues Rock, Instrumental, Progressive Rock. Or anything you have in mind, let me know!

& what i don't wanna play:
Avenged Sevenfold, Paramore, Lady Gaga etc.

hahaha kidding on that one.
okay so if there's anything else you needa know about me,
feel free to contact 8499 4434.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME GUYS :)

Back