Distortion

headwan

can a dist pedal be a booster for another distortion pedal for solo?
just wondering whether it can be done?

Yes u can..

Just remember set ur Gain to 0, Tone/EQ knob to whatever u like ur guitar to sound like and set the Level to the desired boost that u want...

Though IMHO an xtra EQ pedal makes a better booster..

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

short answer: yes.

long answer: depends on what kind of distortion pedal your booster is. some may not be as good as a booster than others. listen to both before/during lead for an idea of the sound.

I personally feel by doing so, the true tone is being coloured. Personal preference in any case.

yuh true pooo..personal preference...
coz my frens is using overdrive
some even use eq....and one of my fren even use an octave pedal for his lead stuff
i try all three except dist pedal b4....so far i prefer the eq better

There are quite a few purely clean boosters in the market. You might wanna check those out. They don't colour tone.

MXR microamp is a clean booster. But buying a decicated booster may not be cost effective if you already overdrive like pedal, but they colour the sound.

I've brought in one piece of Keeley DS1 for my friend recently, amazing booster IMO. It works as well on its own in any case.

whoa!! you beat me to it... sorry for the missing pic, here it is...
mxr-microamp.jpg

dhalif: i think i better archive my stuff... :smt101

:D oh I'm still deciding if I should get a single channelled laney LC-15R since I would like to leave it on clean then try to boost the signal into overdrive or use some pedals to spice it up. Can the microamp like act as an external gain knob so I can switch from totally clean to amp overdrive with cranked gain settings on the microamp?

thnx guy for ur help on choosing me the rite pedal to boost my dist.....i bought the sd-1 pedal just now.....and it was a bang man.....this pedal totally my type.....thnx once again softies

headwan said:
thnx guy for ur help on choosing me the rite pedal to boost my dist.....i bought the sd-1 pedal just now.....and it was a bang man.....this pedal totally my type.....thnx once again softies

Gettin new gear is always great~! Its like getting to know a pretty ger that u pick up somewhere.. Enjoy the honeymoon period~!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

how i wish i can pickup any gal from anywhere....that will be real bang
hahahah....but too bad im not a hunk.......

headwan said:
can give me 1-2 example pooo

Yo so sorry i replied late. Well since you've already got the sd, just take these for extra info :) 2 examples of clean boosters, Fulltone Fat Boost, Keeley Java Boost.

Back