Dan Awestrike

DanAwestrike

What's going on, Soft

My name is Dan and I'm going to be moving to Singapore within the next few weeks, so I'm trying to get a head start of breaking into the music scene! :twisted:

Right now I'm a solo artist, and my project/group is called AweStricken, all original tunes, if y'all want to check a few of them out.

http://www.myspace.com/AweStricken13
http://www.reverbnation.com/AweStricken

I love all genres of music, from metal (I was a huge metal head growing up), to jazz, to classical. I play the guitar, sing, and I played the trumpet, cornet, and flugelhorn for about 12 years.

I can't wait to get to know y'all, and I definitely can't wait to get to Singapore. Cheers! :cool:

Yo Dan!

Wassup? Hope you're doing good. Glad to hear that you're looking forward to your arrival in sunny (albeit mercilessly humid) Singapore! :p

So which part of the US do you hail from?

Enjoy your stay here on soft!

I've lived in a lot of states, but I generally claim Georgia. That said, I'm not too worried about humidity, it'll be like going back home. ;)

So how big is the music scene there?

Cool! A Georgian! Yea, it is hot & humid in the summer, aye? I hear Atlanta is lovely. :)

Hey! The legendary Ray Charles was from Georgia! :cool:

You asked how big is the music scene here in S'pore. Do u mean that generally or just the local 'live' music scene?

Yeah, Ray Charles was born in Albany, GA. I was actually at the opening ceremony for the monument they built for him a couple years back. And I really like Atlanta, much more so than a lot of the other large cities.

As for the music scene, more of the local live scene. Are there multi-band shows pretty regularly, or does everyone just do their own thing? Outdoor venues, good inside places? And how are the turnouts?

Once I get there I'm going to post some ads for band mates, but I'll wait til I'm settled in at work for that.

Azerbaijan - you serious?!! Is that near the Russian borders? Why were you there? I've only heard of that country because of this silly programme called Eurovision. Does that mean you can speak russian?

Yeah, it's on the southern border of Russia, Northern Border of Iran, on the west coast of the Caspian Sea.

As for Eurovision. They came in 3rd place, and that was Aysel who sang with Arash (Iranian)... don't remember the song, but I'm sick of hearing it. :p ANyway, we're throwing an international music festival this friday here in Baku, and Aysel was originally planning on singing with me, but after the Eurovision bit she stopped calling anyone back. Granted, her and I just met twice, but Mikail, who sings for a local metal group, actually knows her from when they grew up and he can't get a hold of her either. Some people, eh?

Anyway, I've been in Azerbaijan for 14 months, for work. 5 days til I take off for Singapore, though. woot! :D

Back