Cleaning up audio clipping

nail

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a fix right now. Basically I need to clean up an audio file with tons of clipping, and re-recording is not an option. I know that full restoration is out of the question, just like some inputs on how I can best limit the damage. I tried EQing it but obviously it didn't help much, so if anyone could point me in the direction of a decent audio restoration software it'll be great.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid it's sensitive material :( is soundsoap pro any good?

Basically, it is not possible to hide the clipping. If the clipping is a short one, you could put volume cut out, and hope it will pass. If continuous clipping then no point.

You can draw minor clicks and pops away in most audio editors - zoom into the sample and draw the click or pop away using a pencil tool.

If you own Apple's Soundtrack Pro, you can analyse the whole file for clicks, pops, and a bunch of other restoration stuff. STP will let you know where all the errors are and you can choose which to fix, or fix them all.

Best,

Back