CD Duplication Services

Today I placed order for 1000cdz pressing with inlay, cover and jewel case..

Each cd S$1.50

Company: Microworks, 19, Kim Keat Rd, Fu Tsu Bldg. 09-01

Look for Lisa..

:wink: Find the Tel No from directory

www.microworks.com.sg

????

you might wanna take note:

I recently got a quotation from Microworks for 1000 copies with jewel casing, printing and all for $1.67 per cd.
For the same specifications, I got a quotation from infodisc.com.sg for $1.20 per cd...

that works out to be a difference of more than $400 for 1000 copies...

Are microworks or infodisc charging for premastering/mastering or glass masters or are you all just passing straight iso?

For both, the glass master comes free if you print 1000 copies and above.
pre-mastering is a given for both as well...
but Infodisc is not charging me for the shrink-wrapping material, only the labour costs for that, and their quotations for inlay printing, jewel cases, and duplication are about $0.15/per piece cheaper each item...

ehz... what you mean by "passing straight iso"?

yes, yes... album coming out soon... :D hopefully by mid-April... and will definitely spread the word when it's out... :D

Offtopic rant a bit. Remembering which are the threads that you've posted to is a real pain. If we had a system to subscribe to a thread and have the forum notify when someone posts would be a great help.

Just to clarify, so basically the nett on infodisc is 1.20 inc. shrink wrapping and labour, for runs of 1000? What i mean by iso, is that you can burn an ISO9660 image on a cdrom as opposed to an audio cd for duplication. Because it's already a data disc, there's less chance of burning errors compared to audio discs, which might have dropouts. Also, if the audio is already mastered, i guess this premastering/mastering stage at the cd house is actually only to make it suitable for the glass master i.e. it's not an extra chargeable service, but has to be done anyway? I'm also wondering what's the optimum db level to pass the material for them, -0.3 dbFS?

veganbleu said:
Just to clarify, so basically the nett on infodisc is 1.20 inc. shrink wrapping and labour, for runs of 1000? What i mean by iso, is that you can burn an ISO9660 image on a cdrom as opposed to an audio cd for duplication. Because it's already a data disc, there's less chance of burning errors compared to audio discs, which might have dropouts. Also, if the audio is already mastered, i guess this premastering/mastering stage at the cd house is actually only to make it suitable for the glass master i.e. it's not an extra chargeable service, but has to be done anyway? I'm also wondering what's the optimum db level to pass the material for them, -0.3 dbFS?

:?: :?: :?: :?:
sorry manz... i'm totally lost... a tad too technical for my comprehension...:oops:

:( sorry about that.

ok what i meant to say is the premastering has to be done anyway no matter what because the glass master requires it, so those guys saying it's free is a bit like the sales people selling cameras and quoting you prices without GST. I was also just trying to clarify if they need your audio CD to be of under a certain loudness level like nothing higher than -0.3dbFS. Like for vinyl, you'd try to cut low frequencies because they'll have to cut larger grooves and those can cause the needle to jump.

And if you're burning a copy of the audio onto disc as an audio disc for the company, errors in burning can cause skips and dropouts. So if they can accept data discs, you just burn an image of the audio and store that as a data file on the cd-r. No drop outs and errors at all, if you verify the data integrity.

So it's going to all cost 1.2k?

thanks for clarifying... i kinda understand, or so i hope... :lol:
but coz i didn't know it before, i didn't ask the duplication company about that, so i don't really have a clue... but now that i know, i'll ask them...

but yup... all for $1.2K...

Back