Boost Pedal

reyar

Any reccomendations for a boost pedal to a RAT2? The distortion level on my RAT is usually only at 8 o'clock.

The Rat and TS9 are really popular combinations. Alternatively, u could get a modded SD1 or DS1 from analogman or keeley, etc...

I tried out the Guyatone the other day. It didn't boost much.

OD-3 is considered (I read this in a couple of magazines, notably "Guitarist" in their recent 'best gear' roundup) the best of the 'all-rounder' overdrives.

I bought a ZW-44 yesterday because it looks cool. Haven't taken it out of the box yet. :)

Um, my friend has an OD-3 which he swears by. He doesn't use it as a boost, but rather just as a straight out overdrive and it sounds great.

The OD-2... i dunno if i'm thinking about the right pedal, but it's one of the mini's right? I heard it was really good, but I haven't tried it so I can't really say much.

I have a modded DS1 and SD1 and they both sound great as boosters.

what do you all mean by boost? to bring up the sound? and how do you use an OD-3 for boosting? wont it change ur tone?

vernplum said:

OD-3 is considered (I read this in a couple of magazines, notably "Guitarist" in their recent 'best gear' roundup) the best of the 'all-rounder' overdrives.

I bought a ZW-44 yesterday because it looks cool. Haven't taken it out of the box yet. :)

wow zakk wylde! it'll be cool to have a bullseye LP too. did you ship in the mxr pedal? and how much?

reyar said:
vernplum said:

wow zakk wylde! it'll be cool to have a bullseye LP too. did you ship in the mxr pedal? and how much?

I bought it at Swee Lee - $180.

for drive type boost, i'm always with the Ibanez tube screamer- not an excessive unit just a little kick for you pedal to perform.

on a non-drive note, i'd say you check out the MXR Micro Amp. i bought this one & it gives me lots of unaltered boost, it's my amplifier supplement so to speak...

read my review of it here: http://www.soft.com.sg/new/modules....tart=135&sid=88c4ef62dbfcf2c7e36a0a6bb28cfe83

766.jpg

The ts-9 gets my vote. Very very good pedal...

the route 66 from visual sound (which im using now) is pretty neat too .... can use the OD side to give abit more dirt and volume..or the compressor side to simply give a clean boost...

the person who stole mine at singapore poly... you will have retarded children!!!!
- i curse you!!!

Back