Cheap because:
1) Plastic
2) No R&D required

Didn't like it because:
1) Felt cheap
2) Sounded bad

theblueark said:
2) No R&D required

Hi, just my opinion, I think that this is a bias-ed view.

Irregardless of whether concept or design is similar (or copied to a certain degree) to other brand models.

All manufacturers will have to involve R&D to make sure the product is sellable in terms of physical looks and styling. Even if its the casing, which is made of plastic, they still have to engineer out a design mold to cast the case. Same as in the electronic circuitry, they still have to redo the PCB design and component layouts to the actual mounting and ensuring that the fittings are servicable. As I do got on hand to repair some of behringer products, I know what is inside of the product too.

If they have just used the exact same mold to make the casing, just paste their own labels, and the PCB and electronic process from the exact same plant and process. Thus they simply have bought to rights to use re-package other people product. Which happens in every other computer and electronics products too.

At most we can say they took a shorter route by re-engineering a similar product on the market. Which you see is common every where too, eg. digital cameras, video recorders, DVD players....etc...etc.

drownedout said:
So mr mikeman, what is your opinion of the pedal in question?

Hi, sorry, I have yet to see this pedal either. But my past experience with this brand is the value for money, and quality is pretty much ok for most products. Performance is a subjective issue, one man's meat is another mans poison.

Only bad thing in my experience is that they don't have a proper support base here in SG. And the way they engineer their product is more towards disposability, meaning that if there is faulty condition a lot of time it's beyond economic repair, as they are using multi-layer SMT technology on most products. But since they are priced so, no one should loose any sleep about it, just buy a replacement when the time comes.

It boils down to expectation. If a user is that petty, even a $2 item will seem like the whole world owe to him one. If you can relate to this sentence, then you are safe.

is the Behringer showroom at Peace Centre a support base?

i heard of luther's website that theres this new Behringer support base here in singapore... is there?

The Peace Centre that showroom lost the Behringer dealership. They are presently clearing out whatever stock they have. Quite some good deals on amps and stuff.

A quick Ctrl-F search on Luther's garnered these:
We are appointed MI dealer for Behringer in Singapore: some products in today>> New GDI-21 a sort of analog modelling stomp box / DI box much like SansAmp's GT2 at a fraction of the price, just $69.00 introductory price!
and
Behringer X-V Amp multi effects pedal is here again at a real friendly price of just $128.00 with warranty and full backup from Behringer Singapore's new service centre!

So I guess they won the dealership. I'm not too sure where the service centre is located, maybe can call up Luther to ask.

But once the warranty period is over, like mikemann says, it's generally cheaper to buy a new one than to fix it if it's spoilt.

On another note, I'd keep the Behringer wah if it's spoilt. Can tear out the internals and use the rocker for DIY projects.

theblueark said:
A quick Ctrl-F search on Luther's garnered these:
We are appointed MI dealer for Behringer in Singapore: some products in today>> New GDI-21 a sort of analog modelling stomp box / DI box much like SansAmp's GT2 at a fraction of the price, just $69.00 introductory price!
hey! lol ctrl+f search!!! wow new stuff to me... lol

i wwas always hoping they would make sumthing like that... didn't know it existed... thX! :wink:

Back