bass amps !

stars

hiya dudes ! can any1 recommend a decent 20-25 watt bass amp ? bout 200 +- ? is the behringher one @ luther good ? cos like heard e behringher amp got some issues... not too good apparently ?

the Fender Rumble series might have something in store for you... i tried this 15 watter the other day- not bad. i prefer it to the bassman series really- more midrange but nothing excessive 8)

480718.jpg

A value for money and bang for the buck model will be the LANEY HCM15B. This is from the hardcoremax series. It's small enough to lug around on public transport, yet suprisingly punchy enough to keep up with the drums. I've tried one of these myself and would reccomend to you as a very good buy, with your budget of 200, you still got 50 change to buy other stuffs.

I can get it for you at $150, brand new in box. If you are interested, just sms me at 97337161.

Regards,
Mike
Mikemann Music Studio

subversion said:
the Fender Rumble series might have something in store for you... i tried this 15 watter the other day- not bad. i prefer it to the bassman series really- more midrange but nothing excessive 8)

480718.jpg

would ya recommend it for a beginner >? like cos if wanna change to a better guitar in e conceviably near future then better invest in a decent amp ? would it be loud enuf lets say for jamming with 2 elec guitars ?

highly recommended for a beginning set up. you might do well to check out the abovementioned Laney too.

it's good enough (the Rumble) to blend with guitar players but it can't outdo drums. if it's within your means, & you insist on the Fender brand name, check out the 30W version which features a tweeter for a more pronounced tone. i managed to test drive the 15W version with an entry level Squier & a mexican P-bass, the amp adapts well to both.

i tested out e lanley @ luther today .. HIGhLY dissapointing ... REALLY REALLY! cos like hear everyone say its good and all tt ... sound tone wise very fuzzy like cant hit e note on e head ... not clear sound ! tried it out with an RBX-170 yamaha bass + lanley .. but i m not too sure whether isit (tone problem : not clear ) e bass guitar fault or e amp fault ...

how much is tt fender babe eh subversion ?

Peavey Microbass! You can try it out at Swee Lee. I think i saw the fender rumble amp there too. I think you should bring your bass along. Don't care what the sales guy say, tell him you want to try out with YOUR bass so you can judge the sound compared to other amps you've tried before.

haha, it would certainly be better if stars brought his own bass, but the thing is he used the bass in the shop(the cheapest bass there)

481384.jpg

the peavey micro bass is a dimunitive menace, chances are, you'll like it for its punchy sound. but others who are looking for a deep low end would choose another amp.

if you are checking this Peavey out, then do not ommit the Ibanez IBZ 10B shown below. this contender has more EQ options than the Peavey, if like me, you sometimes need a good midrange delivery & not too much low end, you'd like what the IBZ10 has to offer. please bring along your bass for the audition as advised by other forum users.

480133.jpg

the Rumble series starts from $300 if memory serves me right... 8)

whoa ! thanks alot subversioN! hmmz would e ibanez 10 watt baby amp be good enuf for a jamming session with like 2 e. guitars ? cos swee lee selling it in a package deal :D practical for noobs like me ?

it's available as an individual purchase- go to the bras basah showroom, you can see it on display at the bass section.

it's good enough for playing with a guitar player plugged into a 40W amp but it can't outdo drums- definitely can't...

If you're going for a jamming session, I would think that the studio already has some kinda amplification for you to plug your bass into... perhaps you wanna reconsider the money being spent on such a small combo. You could always save up a little more for a Peavey Basic 112 or something similar.

cherns said:
If you're going for a jamming session, I would think that the studio already has some kinda amplification for you to plug your bass into... perhaps you wanna reconsider the money being spent on such a small combo. You could always save up a little more for a Peavey Basic 112 or something similar.

OooOO how much is e peavey ? i found a Vox at city music which i pretty much liked 15 w but pretty loud ( compared to e lanley) decent tone

I have the microbass amp got it second for 100 bucks,.. its a very good practice amp, very punchy and defined notes, pairs with my Fender precision quite well,... try it,..

stars said:
cherns said:

OooOO how much is e peavey ? i found a Vox at city music which i pretty much liked 15 w but pretty loud ( compared to e lanley) decent tone

That Vox bass amp is pretty good. Worth investing in it if the price is within your budget.

stars said:

Let's be honest here.

If you are looking for an amp to practice on, 30w and below is good enough. Whichever one you're going to get really isn't going to matter much, so you might as well get the cheapest one. Don't bother about tone at this point in time, 'cos there is no way that a 5", 10-30w combo is going to reproduce the natural voice of your bass. It is also highly improbable that you'll be able to use this amp for gigging/jamming 'cos you you won't be heard once the band starts up.

If you are looking for an amp to gig/jam with, save up for a combo that has at least 100w in it. Again, most amps in this category don't reflect the true tone of your bass, so just get something that sounds good to you. These are definitely gonna cost a little more than what you have at the moment.

If you decide to get an amp just for practice but are really concerned with your tone and technique, I suggest you go check out the headphone amps like the pandoras or the cafe walter HA-1s. I'm definitely sure the HA-1's will fall into your budget.

Thanks Thanks ... where can i find these headphone amps ? cos i actually wanna liek practicse with 2 frens but e headphone amps str an interesting thing..

You won't be able to practice with your friends if you play through a headphone amp. It's totally for personal use only. The good thing is that you can line-in a CD player and play along with your favourite song or something.

I don't know where to find the Pandoras, but I guess swee lee or Davis might carry some. The HA-1 has to be ordered from the US - check out this website for more details. It also has some really interesting articles on electric cass signals and cables.

www.cafewalter.com

For more info about the pandora, go here

BTW - I better warn you that they don't come cheap as well. $200 is just about enough to buy either one of them.

mikemann said:
A value for money and bang for the buck model will be the LANEY HCM15B. This is from the hardcoremax series. It's small enough to lug around on public transport, yet suprisingly punchy enough to keep up with the drums. I've tried one of these myself and would reccomend to you as a very good buy, with your budget of 200, you still got 50 change to buy other stuffs.

I can get it for you at $150, brand new in box. If you are interested, just sms me at 97337161.

Regards,
Mike
Mikemann Music Studio

is it really good? do u washburn bd15b?

Back