amp questionnn

randall

hi all, im thinking of getting a marshall AVT20 amp. Any comments/reviews on this amp? Any idea how much it and the avt50 costs :?:

the AVT series from Marshall- you either like it/ dislike it, be sure to try 'em before parting with cash.

if you are bent on the Marshall brand name, the MG15MSII mini stack is a quality product. albeit its dimunitive nature, the closed back dual cab do wonders to boost the lower frequencies which are lacking from the entry-level Marshall amps. do read my review on it under 'Gear News' pg7/8 8)

About the ministack, Is there anything(like a stand or what) to support the whole stack? I'm afraid I will spoil it if it keeps toppling over. :lol:

the Marshall stack in question has no special fastening devices. exercise caution when you buy & use one. at that kinda size, it's more for domestic use rather than a gigging unit.

city music carries Vox amps, and i've got to agree with Sub, the AVT series are love/hate series. i almost parted cash for the AVT50, but after reconsidering, i think i'll be better off saving that cash for a bigger, more powerful tube amp/stack...yeah...=X

well, it really depends on the taste though...anyone tried the new mode4? reviews & specs indicate that its damn loud...haha... any reviews on tt? sub?

i didn't try the MODE 4, because i know i can't crank it up to its full potential. i've had enough of EL type tubes- i can't bring myself to like them... they all sound similar in ALL amps i've tried... :?

if it's too loud then it's not worth investing for domestic use...

Peavey Studio 212. Can't go wrong with it. More sounds to choose from. There's vintage, modern and high gain overdrive. And it does not require much maintainance like the AVTs. Peavey is a transtube which means it acts like a tube amp. I rather go with the peavey studio series than the AVT. Can't really get lots of sound from the AVT.

marshall_law said:
Peavey Studio 212. Can't go wrong with it. More sounds to choose from. There's vintage, modern and high gain overdrive. And it does not require much maintainance like the AVTs. Peavey is a transtube which means it acts like a tube amp. I rather go with the peavey studio series than the AVT. Can't really get lots of sound from the AVT.

Another vote for Peavey but the XXL series.

Back