Alt Rock/ Indie/ Folk band! Looking for musicians

Jon

Hey guys,

My name is Jon and I'm a singer-songwriter. Currently, I form a duo with an old friend and drummer of mine. We're 18 and pursuing what we love. My friend is pursuing culinary studies while I'm doing a Diploma in Sonic Arts. We are busy and only Wednesdays are our free days for now.

We play anything when jamming but when it comes to performing, we play something that I can't really categorize. How would I describe it.... We like our guitars overdriven, also delay, rhythmic and melodic indie riffs. We like our drums with a somewhat latin feel. We like our bass funky. We like our keyboards all synthed up. We don't need to stick to one genre you know? Variety and diversity is very much enjoyable. Call it Electroternative Lafunkofolkin?
But at the same time, we really appreciate acoustic sets. By that not meaning covers of popular songs but songs that we've written. I wrote a few about past events in my life and I'll continue as more happen. We don't do covers unless necessary. It's hard naming inspirations but maybe Kings Of Leon, Bombay Bicycle Club, Two Door Cinema Club, Feist, Young The Giant and many more.

We don't want to sound like anyone but ourselves. Embrace a unique sound.

If you're a guitarist, keyboardist or bassist, we'd like to get to know you. Actually if you play the violin or banjo or whatever could fit into folk/alternative, we'd like to meet you too. We want to play music and have fun that's all. But do take note, we're rather busy with school now but with whatever free time we get, music making is the way to go. Given the chance after school, we'd want to try full time music. We're serious about it!

Jon

If you're looking to hear how we may sound like.... I have a bunch of horribly done demos on soundcloud @ soundcloud.com/thejonohboy

Back