Acoustic guitar setup guy wanted

KayCee

Hi all,

One of our setup guys is about to enter the army, hence, Maestro Guitars is looking for replacment part time or full time.

The nature of the job is repetitive and labourous but one will learn how to set up an acoustic guitar and install acoustic pickups professionally and efficiently. If enough potential is shown, being converted to a full-time workshop assistant is very possible. There you will be exposed to all sorts of repairs.

Applicants who are treating this experience as a luthiery course or short term holiday job need not apply. Minimum commitment required is 3-6 months.

faithfully,
KC

is the job vacancy still available?

erm.....is this vacancy still available?i just come out of army...and will like to do a job related with music preferably with guitar....i have no experience in guitar set up though...but i am willing to learn....just hope that can work something related with the music industry...i myself do play guitars for quite a number of years le..hope to hear the gd news from u soon=D

Hi Dice,

If you can slice and dice, we'll always be happy to talk to you :). However, I don't need anyone in the workshop right now. I believe you posted in our other forum as well and Vincent should be getting back to you shortly on vacancies at our retail front.

KC

Ok, there's a position available again.

Let me reiterate the terms:

1) Mon - Fri,11-6 (no sat/sun, no flexible timing)
2) Workplace is in UBI, so if you stay in tuas, be prepared to travel
3) Minimum commitment is 3 months

Job scope:
1) QC and setup of acoustic and classical guitars - fret level, nut and saddle work and final setup
1 week of training will be provided. After the 2nd week on the job, techinicians should be proficient enough to set up at least 6 guitars a day.

It is a repetitive, mundane job but if you like working with guitars, you will learn quite alot inf the process. Howerever, if you're physically very weak (regular mc's etc), or allergic to dust it might not be suitable for you.

This job is also well suited to those waiting to start school or enlist in the army. Those who are still studying and can commit to at least 2 full days may be considered.

Please send a short introduction of yourself to kc@maestroguitars.com

I will not reply any emails which tell me they are a student and want to work from 4 onwards or anything similar in nature.

Kai-Chin (KC)
Technical Manager
Maestro Guitars

Back