| | | | - a new body of work by bani haykal

emphibian

hello world

something new that's just out of the oven, recent enough;

to listen, click here

| | | | is a new body of work based on an ongoing series titled 'microprocesses' with visual and overhead projection artist ila.

the past 3 studies i have done (ergophobia / how i got lost / sketches of syllables) have relied quite heavily on improvisation, spoken word, modular chunks of musical ideas and durations which stretch longer than certain cult meditations. and so on this 4th attempt at something logical and expressive, the tracks are (semi)composed as opposed to them being freely improvised.

| | | | was created through an audio-visual improvisation, although this time it was bouncing off my partner in crime, ila, who utilises the overhead projector to carve inspiration and metamusical ideas into an already present wall of sound as we're both improvising.

the work is a reflection on the untameable; things which deny our comprehension and patience.

we still have some hardcopies of the music and artwork should you be interested.

do share with your friends if you'd like to make peace about that argument you had a month ago.

music arranged / performed and engineered by bani haykal
artwork by ila

bani haykal plays drums / clarinet / hacksnare / no-input loopers / various effects pedals
ila uses Overhead Projector / food colouring / soaps / oils / alcohol / water

happy listening and have a good weekend
better days ahead

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back