A Cappella Group looking for a Bass and Mezzo-Soprano

myujik

Hi all!

My A Cappella group is currently looking for a male Bass and a female Mezzo-Soprano to join our team :)

The genres that make up our repertoire would mainly be pop and jazz, though at times we go crazy over songs that fall out of these genres... ;)

Our current three members (all early to mid-20s) have been singing together for at least three years, and have several accolades as well as performance experience under our belt. Score transcriptions and arrangements will be done by two of our current members (though it would definitely be a bonus if you could help us out here!) We are all still learning and growing of course, and hope that you who joins us would share the same desire to learn and grow as singers :)

As for requirements, areas that would score points include:
1) At least 2 years of experience singing in an a cappella/choral group
2) Ability to read music scores and musical notations (aka 'tau-gey')
3) Ability to sing in tune and keep pitch (both in lead parts and harmony lines)
4) Decent voice and tone quality

These are however negotiable, and if you think you have what it takes, don't hesitate to drop me a msg/email! :)

Above skill, we are looking for singers with:
1) Passion for a cappella singing,
2) Keen learning attitude,
3) Good teamwork,
4) And most importantly, commitment towards practices & performances

With some foundation in singing, skill can be developed over time and through a keen desire to grow. Hence, we believe in investing time and effort to develop our members into competent and confident singers, both as individuals and as a group. Hence, we will be conducting regular vocal training routines for our vocalists, through own-time own-target sessions as well as group sessions. (believe me, these vocal training techniques really work.. :) )

As for practices, they will usually be held once a week, more often if there are upcoming gigs. Vocal training will be held over and above practices, and thus will be more flexible, much depending on the singer's schedule and his/her desire to improve ;)

Interested singers, do drop me a msg or email at akaperade@gmail.com... Looking forward to hear from you! Til then, keep singing :)

Back