WTS/WTT: 1974 Fender Stratocaster (Price Drop!)

reggieplaysbass

Hi,

I am selling a 1974 Fender Stratocaster which i purchased from a local guitar shop 2 years ago. The guitar sounds amazing and feels like how a Fender strat is supposed to feel and it's still the best sounding Fender strat I've heard or played.

The condition is in relic but there are no cracks in the body and the neck. The wood is solid (alder body) and the finish looks awesome as the paint has worn off in a some areas of the body. The neck lacquer has also worn off in some areas but still feels smooth and easy to play. The action is very good as well and the neck is very straight. The thin rosewood veneer fretboard is also in good condition as there are no dents and cracks. Frets have also been replaced by the previous owner so it feels and looks quite new. Intonation is also perfect.

Everything is original except for the pick ups which have been replaced by the previous owner to a Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot Pickups Set for Fender Stratocaster With Base Plate. The base plate is mounted on the bridge pickup and IMHO is the best single coil pickup when cranked with an overdrive pedal. The guitar comes with a vintage hard shell case.

It's really difficult to part ways with the guitar. I have really taken good care of it, despite it looking like a road worn instrument, it's clean and maintained frequently the moment I bought it. I'm looking at selling the guitar for $3000 which is MUCH MUCH cheaper than how much I got it for. I can be open for trades (trade value is $3400) as long as I don't top up. Will consider cheaper guitars plus cash.

Thanks!

complete set of pics can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11194189@N00/

Back