SOLD WTS: SCHECTER OMEN 6-FR UPGRADED W\ DUNCAN INVADERS(coiled tapped) & ORANGE CAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i am selling the above guitar. I upgraded the bridge pickup to a SEYMOUR DUNCAN INVADER and had
it coiled tapped(able to use as a single coil). I also installed an orange cap. I would give it a 7.8/10 for the
condition of the guitar. There no dings or anything only minor scratches and rust. Here are reviews of the guitar:

Features: My Omen 6 FR was made in 2009. It was made in Indonesia. It has 24 extra jumbo frets on a 25 1/2 inch scale with a thin neck. It has a maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with Standard Dot inlays, and a basswood body. It has a high gloss black finish on a Strat style body. It has a Licensed Floyd Rose Special double locking tremolo system. It has passive pickups. It has one valume knob, one tone knob, and a three way pickup selecter. It has two Standard Schecter Diamond Series pickups, one in the neck position and one at the bridge position. It has Standard Schecter tuners. The only accessories this came with was an allen wrench for the bridge/nut and a whammy bar for the Floyd Rose // 9

Sound: This guitar suits my playing style very well, as I play metal and mostly cover songs from the band Avenged Sevenfold. This guitar has a very nice crunchy metal sound without any effect added to it. I am running directly into a Fender Frontman 15 15watt combo amp. The guitar is very quiet, but my amp is very noisy. I know this because I have played this guitar on multiple amps. With distortion, it has a very crunchy sound on powerchords, and a very bright sound for the highs. Solo's sound very nice. On clean, I'm not sure how to put it into words, but it sounds very nice as well. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't think the tech at Guitar Center even touched this guitar because the setup was terrible. I had to loosen the truss rod by about a full turn to give the neck just the proper amount of relief, thats how bad the backbow was. I also had to raise the action of the bass side of the bridge to get rid of the frett buzz. I had to loosen the screws inside the guitar a tiny bit to get the bridge to lay parallel to the body. The pickup hight was ok, but I prefer my pickups a little high so I raised the neck pickup. The bridge pickup was just right for me already. As far as the guitar itself, there were no flaws. The finish is fine and all the chrome hardware is nice and shiny. If it wasn't for the setup, this part would get a 10. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definetly withstand live playing. All the hardware is nice and solid (even the valume and tone knobs are metal). The strap buttons seem very solid, but I don't play alot standing up so I guess I really can't say. I could definetly depend on this guitar. As for using it without a backup, you should always have a backup no matter what. But if if there was no possible way for me to have a backup, yes, I would gig with this guitar without a backup. The finish seems nice and high quality and seems like it will last, but only time will tell with this one. // 10

Impression: I play metal and mostly cover songs by the band Avenged Sevenfold, and this guitar plays it perfectly, even without any added effects. I have only been playing a year so I only own an amp, cable, strap, and a gig bag besides this guitar. If you are going to get this guitar, make sure to have the guy there set it up for you if you don't know what you are doing or don't have a lot of patience to deal with a Floyd Rose. If this guitar was lost or stolen I would find the guy who stole it and make him pay for his sin of stealing my guitar. But if there was no way to get it back, I would probably buy a higher end Schecter; a Hellraiser Avenger or a Synyster Custom. There is nothing wrong with the Omen 6 FR, it is just that those guitars are so, so sexy, and now I know that Schecter is making a high quality product and is quickly becoming one of the best manufacturers out there, so it wouldn't bother me to spend that much because I know I am getting a quality product. If I couldnt get the higher end Schecter, I would definetly buy the Omen 6 FR again. I love this guitar and everything about it, especialy the Floyd Rose. When I was shopping for a guitar around this price range I was looking at Ibanez, ESP/LTD, and BC Rich. This guitar blew them away %100. This guitar is all around a higher quality product, from hardware to sound. I did months of research on differant guitars in this price from those other brands and Schecter and when it came time to buy a guitar, I knew the Omen 6 FR was going to be the highest of quality. There is nothing else I wish this guitar had, it is perfect the way it is. If you are thinking about buying this or a guitar from another brand, stop thinking, and buy the Schecter. You will not be dissapointed. // 10

If you wonder how the invaders sound like:

I recently had it set-up to low action(easier to shred).

Here is how much i've spent in total for this guitar: $275(guitar) + $125(pickups) + $80(installation, coil tapped and orange cap) + $55(restring and set-up)= $535 I'm selling it for only $380 +$5 for the bag. I'm selling it as i have no more time to play(busy with school) and i urgently need the money to fund for my school expenses. If you're interested pls SMS\WHATSAPP me at 9-6-4-4 3-2-4-3

Here are some pictures:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back