SOLD WTS: Hiwatt DG103 (David Gilmour sig); 80s Fender Champ; Fender Super Champ XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm27

DG-103

I'm selling my Hiwatt Signature Series DG103 - David Gilmour's signature head.

An awesome sounding Hiwatt. Here's the stock description:

"Based on the Hiwatt Custom 100 head, but with special modifications as commissioned by Dave Gilmour of Pink Floyd himself. The DG-103 adds a bit of modern sophistication to the classic performance amplifier. In addition to the Bass, Treble, Presence and Master Volume controls, the DG-103 uses a specially linked input system, where the gain of each channel can be altered to suit different musical styles.

Built using Partridge transformers, 4 - ECC-83 tubes in the preamp section, 4 - EL-34 tubes in the power stage, and is rated at 100 watts output, with switchable 4-, 8-, and 16-ohm impedance.

A look inside the amplifier will reveal point-to-point hand wiring, turret tag boards (no printed circuits), and hand laced wiring harnesses. The power and output transformers are manufactured by Partridge, the original 1970s supplier to the original design sheets. The components and wires are the modern equivalents of the vintage components, 1-watt carbon resistors, and wound polyester capacitors being used throughout.

Truly an amazing sounding amplifier, and part of rock history. A must for Gilmour fan
s."

I'm not sure what to price it at. The only others I can find for sale are here:

- https://fresno.craigslist.org/msg/5269443897.html (USD 5,000)
- http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehou...lmour_Signature_100W_Head_p/hiwt-ampdg103.htm (USD 3,200)

However, I need to sell it so I'm asking SGD 2300.

Red-Knob Champ

I'm also selling a vintage 70s Fender "red-knob" Champ.

Great cleans, and a low enough volume to crank it up at home.

Asking SGD 400.

Super Champ XD

Finally I'm selling my Fender Super Champ XD.

It's a great-sounding amp (lovely cleans and light overdrive) with a good combination of effects, amp models and valve tones.

Asking SGD 230.

If you're interested, text me on 88227462 for pics or to arrange trying anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back